VANCOUVER, BC – February 19, 2018 – LifeSciences BC is pleased to announce the recipients of the 20th Annual LifeSciences BC Awards, presented by FARRIS. These awards are presented annually to recognize talented individuals and organizations that represent the life sciences ecosystem in B.C. which includes; academia, health institutions, government and industry.
The award winners represent the full spectrum from discovery to commercialization, underscoring the depth of knowledge that significantly contributes to the B.C. bioeconomy, while improving the lives of patients here in B.C. and around the world.
For our award winners it started with a simple question: how will our new knowledge and innovation be put to use? Whether building a commercial enterprise that creates new jobs, or leading teams that put new research into practice, all of their work is driven by the desire to make life better.
In British Columbia we are fortunate to have a vibrant and thriving life sciences biocluster that is marked not only by local and national accomplishments, but international recognition. We have a community of scientists, physicians, engineers, technologists, clinicians, researchers, thought provokers and gamblers. In short, we have many entrepreneurial individuals that at the end of the day have given their all to make a difference.
The 2018 LifeSciences BC Award Winners are:
- Genome BC Award for Scientific Excellence – Dr. Sally Aitken
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Award – Dr. David Huntsman
- Milton Wong Award for Leadership – Dr. Michael Abrams
- Growth Stage Life Sciences Company of Year – Abcellera Biologics Inc.
- Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year Award – Starfish Medical Inc.
- Medtech Company of the Year – Redlen Technologies Inc.
- Growth Stage Medtech Company of the Year – bioLytical Laboratories Inc.
- Deal of the Year Award – Zymeworks Inc.
- LifeSciences Company of the Year – Aurinia Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement -Drs. Allen & Connie Eaves
Lesley Esford, President & CEO, LifeSciences BC said today, “We are so fortunate to have such a rich and diverse pool of talented scientists, researchers, industry partners and supporters that make up our life sciences ecosystem in B.C. There is no question we can compete with the best in the world, and we have the outcomes to prove it.”
The 2018 LifeSciences BC award winners will be recognized at this year’s annual dinner presented by FARRIS, held on April 19, 2018 at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
Early bird award dinner tickets are on sale until March 16th. To purchase your tickets or a table, please visit our event page http://lifesciencesbc.ca/event/20th-annual-awards-dinner-presented-by-farris/
For more information please contact: