BC Cancer Agency
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
These are fully qualified working level positions. Incumbents have directly related laboratory experience and familiarity with specific research programs and methodologies of the hiring laboratory. They work under supervision and perform experiments by following established laboratory procedures. They report to the Department Head, Principal Investigator, or designate.
- Performs a variety of established technical procedures according to written protocols.
- Performs experiments by following established laboratory procedures according to written protocols.
- Records results, including computer data entry.
- Provides input regarding modification of procedures as requested by the Department Head, Principal Investigator, or designate.
- Maintains and stores cell lines and primary cultures.
- Maintains and stores test materials and products.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- May demonstrate work methods or procedures to less experienced assistants as designated.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized Bachelor’s program in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Bachelor of Science); plus two (2) years of recent related experience in a research laboratory.
How to Apply
To apply: Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line.