- This event has passed.
21st Annual LifeSciences BC Awards, presented by FARRIS
April 4, 2019
On Thursday, April 4, 2019, LifeSciences BC held the 21st Annual LifeSciences BC Awards, presented by:
The 21st Annual LifeSciences BC Award Winners:
- Genome BC Award for Scientific Excellence – Dr. Caroline Cameron
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Prize – Dr. Jerilynn Prior
- Deal of the Year – Anandia Laboratories
- Strategic LifeSciences Partner of the Year Award – Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) – West
- Growth Stage Life Sciences Company of the Year – Aspect Biosystems
- Milton Wong Award for Leadership – Natalie Dakers
- LifeSciences Company of the Year – Terramera Inc.
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement – Dr. Marco Marra
The 21st Annual LifeSciences BC Awards, presented by FARRIS on April 4, 2019, was an opportunity to celebrate our community’s many achievements, small wins and big victories, with our peers, family and friends. This event was our moment to recognize and honour the efforts of all those who have invested their lives’ work in mastering successful health outcomes.
B.C. has found its place on the international life sciences stage and is recognized in Canada and beyond for its significant accomplishments in medical technology, biopharmaceuticals, health delivery systems, and medical research & development initiatives – the envy of many. We have reached beyond our borders to impact patient health and connect to the world at large, while ensuring the life science sector here, at home, remains vibrant and sustainable.
We are fortunate to have a life science ecosystem that bridges academia and a thriving research & development bionetworks, including world-class healthcare facilities, distinguished health & medical foundations, and renowned centres of excellence that are supportive of translation and commercializing innovation in healthcare.