- This event has passed.
2016 ACCESS TO INNOVATION Conference
November 2, 2016 - November 3, 2016
LifeSciences BC’s ACCESS TO INNOVATION Conference brings together academia, health institutions, government and industry to engage in discussions on how we can improve on access to innovation. Attracting over 300+ participants last year from B.C., Canada and internationally, we are planning a bigger and better conference for 2016. During these two days, we aim to transform Access to Innovation in B.C. and contribute to the knowledge-based economy.
This focus of the two days are:
- DAY 1 – R&D Perspective: How to accelerate translational research to company development and marketed products & services;
- DAY 2 – Health System Perspective: Models of innovation uptake into healthcare systems and how to accelerate Market Enablers.
To register at the regular LifeSciences BC member or non-member rates, click here:
To register at the government or student rate, click here.
Please scroll down for:
- Agenda & Programming At-A-Glance
- Detailed List of Speakers (Day 1 & Day 2)
- Event Sponsors
- Event Details (Date, Time, Venue)
- Registration Information
Click Here for:
Government of BC:
- Ministry of Advanced Education
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Technology, Innovation & Citizens’ Services
Health Authorities & Research Centers in B.C.:
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- Vancouver Prostate Centre
- The Centre for Drug Research & Development
Provincial Governments and Federal Heath Research Organizations:
- Genome Canada
- Ontario Ministry of Health, London Health Sciences
- Alberta Innovates
- National Research Council Canada (NRC)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC);
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
- Life Sciences Institute – University of British Columbia
- Faculty of Medicine – University of British Columbia
- Research – University of Victoria
- Life Science Washington
- GSK, United Kingdom
- ViciBio Pty Australia
National & International Companies in the Health/Life Sciences space:
- Telus Health
- LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services
- Xenon Pharmaceuticals
- Qu Biologics
List of Speakers:
Hon. Dr. Andrew Wilkinson, Minister, Ministry of Advanced Education, Government of B.C.
Hon. Amrik Virk, Minister, Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services, Government of B.C.
Hon. Dr. Terry Lake, Minister, Ministry of Health, Government of B.C.
NOVEMBER 2, 2016
- Dr. Cindy Bell, Executive Vice-President, Corporate Development, Genome Canada
- Dr. Robert McMaster, VP Research, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- Dr. Pieter Cullis Director, Life Sciences Institute, Director, NanoMedicines Research Group, Chair, Personalized Medicine Initiative, Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UBC
- Dr. Steven Xanthoudakis, Director, Business Development & Licensing, Merck
- Dr. Martin Gleave, Executive Director, Vancouver Prostate Centre
- Dr. Brendan Byrne, Chief Innovation Officer, Telus Health
- Leonard Kish, COO, YouBase
- Lynda Brown-Ganzert, CEO, Curatio
- Grace Castillo-Soyao, Founder & CEO, Self Care Catalysts Inc., Entrepreneur, Health Technology, Health Behavior Analytics, Patient Solutions
- Dr. David Castle, VP Research, University of Victoria, B.C.
- Dr. Joby McKenzie, Senior Vice President, Business Development, LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services
- Neil Fraser, President, Medronic Canada
- Dr. Ryan D’Arcy, Founder, Innovation Boulevard, BC Leadership Chair in Medical Technologies and Professor of Applied Sciences at Simon Fraser University
- Michael Ferguson, CEO, Ayogo
- Dr. Bernard Massie, General Manager (acting) at National Research Council Canada
- Dr. Jason Crawford, VP, Scientific Operations, The Centre for Drug Research & Development (CDRD)
NOVEMBER 3, 2016
- Sabine Feulgen, Associate Deputy Minister, Corporate Services, Ministry of Health, Government of B.C.
- Joyce Drohan, Healthcare Practice Leader, PwC
- Dr. Gavin Stuart, Professor, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Bettina Hamelin, Vice-President, Research Partnerships Directorate, NSERC
- Dr. Sue Collier, HeDr. Robin Sherringad of Medical Operations Salford Lung Study, GSK, UK
- Dr. Peter Riddles, Director, ViciBio Pty Ltd., Australia
- Mark Rowen Associate Director, Business Development, Genentech
- Dr. Robin Sherrington, SVP, Business & Corporate Development, Xenon Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Leslie Alexandre, President & CEO, Life Sciences Washington
- Andrew Booth, Chief Financial Officer, STEMCELL Technologies
- Dr. Simon Sutcliffe, Chief Medical Officer, Qu Biologics
- Dr. Dermot Kelleher, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Paul Terry, CEO, PHEMI
- Dr. Bob Bluman, Executive Medical Director, Faculty of Medicine, UBC
- Dr. Calum MacAulay Head, Integrative Oncology, BC Cancer Agency
- Gordon McCauley, Interim President & CEO, The Centre for Drug Research and Discovery
- Stephane Lassignardie, General Manager, AbbVie Canada, & BC Chair Innovations Medicines Canada
- Dr. Heather Davidson, Assistant Deputy Minister, Ministry of Health, Government of B.C.
Thank you to our Access to Innovation Event Sponsors & Supporters:
Luncheon & Session Sponsor
Ready to register?
Dates: November 2 & 3, 2016
Time: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Location: Terminal City Club – 837 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
IF YOU ARE REGISTERING AT THE *GOVERNMENT OR STUDENT RATE, CLICK HERE.
Please note, for the Government Rate you must be working directly within a Ministry and have a gov.bc.ca email address.
**No ticket refunds given after October 14, 2016. Must be 19 years or older to attend.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Operations & Events
Tel: 604-669-9909 ext 104