LSBC, in partnership with Biotech Primer, is pleased to present BioBasics 101: The Biology of Biotech for the Non-Scientist. This intensive two-day ‘master course’ is designed to help non-scientists gain a foundational understanding of the science that forms the backbone of biopharma so that you can converse more effectively with colleagues, clients, regulators, and scientists.
On day one, instructor and biotech consultant Kevin Curran, Ph.D., will focus on the function of DNA, RNA, proteins, and cell signaling and how each interacts in both healthy and diseased tissue.
Day two will build on your newfound molecular biology knowledge, including a more in-depth look at genetic disease and how genetic engineering is used to create personalized medicine options for patients.
The course concludes with a survey of small molecule drugs, biologics, and vaccines and explains how each mitigates disease at the molecular level.
Upon completion of this course, you will have:
- Fluency in the essential terminology of the biopharma industry
- An understanding of the science driving your company or client’s products
- Improved ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders
- Determination of where your organization “fits” in the healthcare landscape
- Increased comprehension of innovative therapies within the biopharma industry
Seating is limited, so register early to reserve your spot.