- This event has passed.
Health Canada Medical Devices Directorate Stakeholder Engagement Victoria
February 27 @ 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Health Canada’s Medical Devices Directorate, in cooperation with StarFish Medical, LifeSciences BC, Medtech Canada and the National Research Council’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) invite you to attend a Medical Devices Stakeholder Outreach Session in Victoria.
Representatives from Health Canada will give a presentation, followed by a Roundtable Discussion / Question & Answer session.
Topics to be covered:
- Role & Function of the Medical Devices Program (including Medical Device Licensing Process)
- Opportunities for Improvement in the Regulatory Processes (Health Canada’s Action Plan on Medical Devices)
- Future Directions of Health Canada – Personalized Medicine, Artificial Intelligence
- Stakeholder Engagement (Client Service Strategy)
- Medical Devices Bureau tools (ELearning Course, meeting options, etc.)
- New Medical Device Directorate
Health Canada Presenters:
- Brain Thornton (Senior Expert, Stakeholder Engagement, Medical Devices Directorate)
- Sarah Chandler (Director, Bureau of Policy and Operations, Medical Devices Directorate)
Other members of Health Canada may also be present to answer your questions.
This will be an opportunity for companies developing medical devices and other stakeholders to learn about the role and function of Health Canada’s Medical Devices Program, provide feedback on Health Canada’s Medical Devices Client Service Strategy and identify opportunities for improvement.
Space is limited and will be reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. Please register early.
Note: There is also an opportunity for 1-on-1 meetings with the Health Canada Medical Devices Directorate representatives in the afternoon of February 27th. If interested, please contact Brian Thornton at email@example.com
Date: Thursday, February 27
Time: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Location: StarFish Medical – 455 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC
Tickets: LSBC / Medtech Canada Members Free and LSBC Non-Members $25
For more information, please contact:
Ryan Butt, Senior Manager, Events & Outreach
Phone: 604-669-9909 ext. 104