- This event has passed.
Health Canada Medical Devices Directorate Stakeholder Engagement
February 26 @ 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Health Canada’s Medical Devices Directorate, in cooperation with LifeSciences BC, Medtech Canada and the National Research Council’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) invite you to attend a Medical Devices Stakeholder Outreach Session in Vancouver.
Representatives from Health Canada will give a presentation, followed by a Roundtable Discussion / Question & Answer session.
Topics to be covered:
- Role & Function of the Medical Devices Program (including Medical Device Licensing Process)
- Opportunities for Improvement in the Regulatory Processes (Health Canada’s Action Plan on Medical Devices)
- Future Directions of Health Canada – Personalized Medicine, Artificial Intelligence
- Stakeholder Engagement (Client Service Strategy)
- Medical Devices Bureau tools (E-Learning Course, meeting options, etc.)
- New Medical Device Directorate
Health Canada Presenters:
- Brain Thornton (Senior Expert, Stakeholder Engagement, Medical Devices Directorate)
- Sarah Chandler (Director, Bureau of Policy and Operations, Medical Devices Directorate)
- Sally Prawdzik (Senior Advisor, Regulatory Innovation)
- Jaspaul Hothi (Manager, Medical Device Inspections, Regulatory Operations and Enforcement Branch)
This will be an opportunity for companies developing medical devices and other stakeholders to learn about the role and function of Health Canada’s Medical Devices Program, provide feedback on Health Canada’s Medical Devices Client Service Strategy and identify opportunities for improvement.
Space is limited and will be reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please register early.
Note: There is also an opportunity for 1-on-1 meetings with the Health Canada Medical Devices Directorate representative at various times on February 24th, 25th, and 26th. If interested, please contact Brain Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Wednesday, February 26
Time: 1:30 – 4:00 pm
Location: NRC – 4250 Wesbrook Mall
Tickets: LSBC / Medtech Canada Members Free and LSBC Non-Members $25
For more information, please contact:
Ryan Butt, Senior Manager, Events & Outreach
Phone: 604-669-9909 ext. 104