- This event has passed.
LifeSciences BC Workshop: How to be Investor Ready
November 1, 2018
On Thursday, November 1, 2018, LifeSciencesBC held the “LifeSciences BC Workshop: How to be Investor Ready” event.
Are you ready to take your company to the next level? Attract investor attention by ensuring your company is set up for success.
At this workshop, Gowling WLG professionals and clients provided key information, tips and real-world examples of how your company can prepare to successfully raise capital, including:
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence
- Setting up your share structures and shareholder agreements
- Determining a company’s value
- Going public
- Kyle Araki, Director, TSX Venture Exchange
- Peter Fairey, Partner, Gowling WLG
- Doug Janzen, Chairman & CEO, Aequus Pharmaceuticals
- Brian Kingwell, Partner, Gowling WLG
- Chris Nobes, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps
- Denis Silva, Partner, Gowling WLG
- Dr. Kaley Wilson, Director, Business Development, Quark Ventures
9:30am – Registration (coffee and pastries provided)
10:00am – Panel 1: Intellectual Property & Due Diligence – Brian Kingwell, Partner, Gowling WLG; and Kaley Wilson, Director of Business Development, Quark Ventures
10:30am – Panel 2: Share Structures, Shareholder Agreements & Valuations – Peter Fairey, Partner, Gowling WLG; and Chris Nobes, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps
11:00am – Panel 3 (fireside chat format): Going Public – Denis Silva, Partner, Gowling WLG; Doug Janzen, CEO, Aequus Pharmaceuticals; and Andrew Creech, Director, TSX Venture Exchange
12:00pm – Networking Lunch