Apply to the Canadian Technology Accelerator – San Francisco Health
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) for Health in San Francisco provides high potential Canadian companies with curated access to the most important clusters of life science innovation in addition to the venture capital ecosytem and global technology hub of Silicon Valley.
At its core, CTA Health takes a customized approach to support entrepreneurs and their commercialization goals in California and the U.S. Each CTA Health company is matched with an advisory team of up to five local executives tailored to their specific business needs such as negotiating strategy, accessing venture capital, cross-border corporate structure, regulatory plans, pilots, partnerships, and reimbursement pathways. Masterclass sessions are designed based on deeper dives required by the cohort as a whole.
In response to COVID-19, CTA Health 2021 will run virtually, including all:
- Advisory meetings
- Masterclass sessions
- Opening and closing pitch events
As opportunities to visit the Bay Areas and meet in person become possible, CTA Health will evaluate all in-market programming options on a constant basis.
CTA Health is delivered at no cost to Canadian companies beyond their potential individual travel and accommodation expenses. To help cover these costs, Canadian companies may be eligible to receive financial suport from CanExport, a Trade Commissioner Service funding program.
Who Should Apply?
CTA Health is open ot growt-stage companies from across Canada :
- with a minimum proof of concept and clear strategy for accessing the Bay Area Market
- seeking venture capital [post-seed — series A] or alternative financing, partnerships, and customers within the next 12 months
- with a CEO or founder committed and able to participate in all virtual advisory sessions, preparatory work, masterclasses, and opening and closing events
- with a CEO or founder commited and able to potentially travel to San Francisco – Silicon Valley for up to 5 ays of in-market programming
We use a lot of broad definitions of health and life sciences and are interested in working with a wide range of teams that are addressing unmet medical needs.
Deadline: July 7th, 2021