Chinook Therapeutics Inc.
Chinook Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing precision medicines for patients with kidney diseases. We apply our proprietary research platform to discover and develop therapeutics with novel mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways. Our development focus is on rare, serious disorders with clear unmet medical needs and defined and rapid clinical development opportunities. Our lead program, atrasentan, is a late-stage clinical program for the treatment of primary glomerular diseases, which is planned to move into a phase 3 registrational trial for IgA nephropathy and a phase 2 basket trial for glomerular diseases, both in early 2021. We are also evaluating BION-1301, an anti-APRIL monoclonal antibody, in a phase 1b trial for IgA nephropathy, and are advancing CHK-336 towards a planned IND in 2021 for an ultra-orphan kidney disease. In addition, our pipeline has several other preclinical programs at the validation and lead optimization stages, and we are also evaluating business development opportunities for early and late-stage clinical assets to enhance the pipeline.
Chinook launched in 2019 with a $65 million Series A financing from leading healthcare investors Versant Venture, Apple Tree Partners and Samsara Biocapital. In October 2020, we merged with Aduro Biotech, Inc. and completed a $115 million financing with leading healthcare investors, including EcoR1, Orbimed and others. Chinook now has over $275 million in operating capital and trades on Nasdaq under the ticker “KDNY”. The company has locations in Vancouver, BC, Seattle, WA and Berkeley, CA.
Chinook Therapeutics is seeking an energetic and collaborative Research Associate or Sr. Research Associate to join the DMPK discovery group at our laboratories situated in Vancouver, Canada. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for developing and implementing LC-MS/MS assays in support of Discovery and Preclinical (non-GLP) studies. This position will also involve detailed troubleshooting of assays to ensure the methods developed are robust and selective for the quantification of analytes of interest. In this position the individual will plan, execute, and analyze in vitro and in vivo ADME/DMPK studies in drug discovery and early development.
This individual will have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with members of the chemistry, biology, and pharmacology departments in a dynamic scientific environment, with the goal of developing precision therapies to help patients with kidney diseases.
- Perform quantitative analysis of biological and analytical samples for small molecules and/or biomarkers by LC-MS/MS
- Conduct various in vitro ADME assays as applicable to characterize the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion properties of novel small molecules
- Prepare study protocols, technical reports, and maintain an accurate lab notebook
- Analyze, interpret, summarize, and present experimental results
- Troubleshoot issues with instrumentation and/or assays as necessary
- Participate in scientific discussions at DMPK and interdisciplinary research project meetings
- Contribute to publications as applicable
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or other relevant life sciences program
- A minimum of 2 years of research and/or industrial experience.
- Practical knowledge and hands-on experience of using LC-MS/MS for small molecules and/or biomarkers quantitation in complex biological matrices
- Hands-on experience with in vitro enzymatic or cell-based ADME assays
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in clear manner
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with high degree of attention to detail to drive projects forward in a timely manner
- Positive attitude and high personal and ethical standards
- A strong team player with a passion for scientific excellence and drug discovery
- Ability to work in a team environment across Chemistry, Biology and Pharmacology disciplines
Please use the following link to apply: https://chinooktx.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=104
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to fostering an environment where ALL people are welcome and supported. We respect and value different experiences and viewpoints. We act respectfully toward one another and embrace diversity of people and ideas. Having a diverse workforce made up of team members who bring a wide variety of skills, abilities, experiences, and perspectives is essential to our success. Creativity and innovation flourish in an environment of openness, inclusion, and mutual respect.