Evasc Medical Systems
Who Are We?
Evasc Medical Systems design and manufacturer medical devices that aim to provide novel solutions for the endovascular repair of cerebral aneurysms and to provide a much higher standard of care and rate of successful treatment outcomes than previously possible.
Who We Are Looking For?
We are currently looking for a Medical Device Technician to ensure we can meet our clinical needs. To achieve this, we require technicians who are highly skilled and dedicated to producing the highest standard of work while performing micro scale manufacturing operations by hand. We require our technicians to have the highest level of due diligence, attention to detail and to always put the safety of the patients at the forefront of their mind. If you feel this describes you, please continue reading.
Key Responsibilities may include
- Manufacturing of implantable medical devices, specifically stents and delivery systems for clinical use following controlled written instructions
- Performing receiving, in-process quality control inspections and testing
- Maintaining accurate records/documentation related to work-in-progress
- Contributing to the development of prototypes, manufacturing processes and fixtures
- Interfacing with engineers and other technicians
- Placing orders for supplies, materials and tools
- Interacting with quality assurance on manufacturing related quality issues
- Performing other duties as assigned
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Attendance and Punctuality: Is consistently at work, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings on time
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically and upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time and supports the organization’s goals and values
- Problem Solving: Identifies and assists in resolving problems in a timely manner to ensure the quality of the devices are as good as possible while being efficiently produced
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years working experience in a manufacturing environment within a quality system, ideally ISO 13485 or ISO 9001
- Be able to demonstrate technical insight and technical familiarity with small/micro scale devices, preferably with stents, delivery systems or guidewires
- An understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices
- Active, effective listening skills.
- Ability to read and follow test procedures and assembly instructions.
- Basic working knowledge of MSWord and MSExcel, including transferring data to table and chart formats.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment may be quiet, moderate to loud.
- The work environment is generally clean. The applicant will be required to work in areas which have controlled environments i.e. cleanrooms, flow hoods
- Working with chemicals, with the use of applicable Personal Projective Equipment (PPE), will be required
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Please note that due to our current COVID-19 procedures all interviews will be performed remotely, therefore access to, and knowledge of video conferencing is required.
To Apply please contact Martina Wan Lockwood at email@example.com.