oneworld ACCURACY Canada
We are a social enterprise group headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. We’re guided by the conviction that accurate medical tests are a fundamental human right for all people in all countries as they enable doctors to make proper decisions so patients receive proper care.
We invite leading clinical, academic and research groups around the world to become Science Architects in a collaborative EQA model. We embed their science in EQA programs that assess, improve and standardize test results. We add those programs to OASYS (Oneworld Accuracy System), an online informatics system we develop, host and continually improve.
We invite national groups to own the challenge of achieving testing accuracy in their countries and become Collaboration Members (e.g. EQA providers). We empower them to achieve testing accuracy for their countries. We give them all the tools they need – samples, OASYS training and the collective experience of their international peers.
EQA stands for External Quality Assessment and involves providing participants (laboratories and other medical test sites) with blinded EQA samples (typically 3 or 12 times per year). Participants then test those EQA samples like they would patient samples and submit their EQA results on OASYS. Their EQA results are evaluated and participants receive a performance report on their testing proficiency. EQA provides an important feedback loop for participants to improve their testing accuracy and reliability.
What makes us unique is that we help countries start or improve national EQA programs. We’re at 35 and counting. We help Ministries of Health (whom we call Leadership Members) with national EQA programs. If they’re not ready, then we advance EQA through commercial groups (whom we call Associate Members) so that Ministries can get head start when EQA becomes a public health priority.
We’re recruiting an energetic, accomplished Account Manager / Technical Lead to join our Vancouver-based CARE (Customer Acquisition Retention + Expansion) Team. The accounts you will manage include Ministries of Health (Leadership Members), commercial distributors (Associate Members), laboratory oversight groups and IVD manufacturers throughout South America. You will also provide training and technical support relating to testing quality improvement, appropriate EQA programs and EQA sample production.
The Account Manager / Support Specialist is responsible for providing accounts which include Health Authorities, laboratory networks, Collaboration Members and EQA Participants with a high level of technical and customer support. They are also responsible for advising their accounts on external quality assessment programs, reviewing their performance and assisting them in root cause and corrective action implementation. The Account Manager / Support Specialist will work with the support team to support all of our participants in Canada, the US and Internationally to highest standards. They will be expected to contribute to the retention and growth of their accounts to meet and exceed targets.
- Support accounts in Oneworld Accuracy programs by phone and email
- Giving presentations and training to new, potential and existing collaboration members and EQA participants.
- Work with accounts to grow their existing participant and subscription base by assisting them in developing and executing successful marketing plans, source funding or develop sustainable EQA programs.
- Represent the Oneworld Accuracy Collaboration at conferences and tradeshows.
- Process new orders, cancellations, purchase orders, renewals, catalog edits and communicate transfer pricing.
- Ensure that renewal documents and statements of participation (Certificates of Participation) are provided to members annually.
- Manage accurate invoicing for accounts.
- Manage contracts between Oneworld Accuracy and Collaboration Members
- Create records of communications relating to customer requirements, results, complaints, appeals, investigations and suggestions to feedback into Oneworld Accuracy’s corrective action procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Travel to other sites/clients.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and it’s grading.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Medical technology or science degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work under own initiative
- The ability to work under pressure handling the multiple and complex tasks
- Good quality IT skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English
- Fluency (written and spoken) in French or Spanish is desirable
Ideally they will also have a knowledge and understanding of:
- Statistics and/or graphical representation of data
- Microsoft Access, Skype and other applications
To Apply please contact Aline Silverman, Manager Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .