Amgen British Columbia
Job Req # R-112812
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Associate- Biologics Discovery (14-month contract position)
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world.
Amgen’s Biologics Discovery department is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative individual to join our team at the Amgen British Columbia site.
The successful candidate would join a high performing team utilizing high-throughput screening platforms, nanofluidic technologies and liquid handling automation systems.
- Planning, developing and executing on screening assays to identify and characterize monoclonal antibodies to support early stage biologic drug discovery programs.
- Play a critical role on project teams, frequently engaging and discussing data across functional groups to develop best-in-class therapeutics.
- Well-suited applicants will have broad laboratory training, deep scientific curiosity and a positive approach to working in a team-based research environment.
- Creative problem-solving and enthusiasm for tackling difficult research challenges.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences
- 1+ year of relevant research experience
- Experience with flow cytometry, cellular imaging, and ELISA assays and analysis
- Experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture techniques such as thawing, cryopreservation, cell passaging, and transfections
- Technically inclined and an acute ability to learn new techniques and technologies
- Basic working knowledge of antibody structure and function
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good Organization skills and high attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Desire to be a team player in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated scientific analysis and problem-solving skill
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact TalentAcquisitionInquiries@amgen.com to make a request and ensure you include the requisition number.
Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to facilitate the equal participation of candidates with disabilities, should you be selected for an interview.