Associate Director, Enterprise Applications (ERP)
Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Embrace Diversity. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development an commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
About the Positition
Zymeworks has made the corporate decision to select and implement a tier-1 ERP solution to support the company’s growth and transformation from a clinical research bioPharma company to a commercial bioPharma company. Zymeworks has selected SAP as the ERP software and will initially implement S4/HANA and Ariba to provide the required business functionality. The Associate Director, Enterprise Applications (ERP) is a key leadership role that will be accountable and responsible for the strategic direction and operations of the ERP IT applications portfolio.
- Manages and drives continuous improvement of the ERP IT solution and processes (best practices, automation tools, integrations, etc.)
- Establishes the strategic roadmap (3-5 years) for the ERP solution to support the company’s strategic direction and goals
- Designs and establish the ERP IT team to meet the business goals, continuously improve the solution and processes, deliver operational support and enhancements, and deliver the strategic roadmap objectives
- Works closely with business solution owners and partners to understand business needs and strategies
- Provides strong functional and technical leadership directing development during ERP applications enhancements, improvements, and operations
- Accountable for ERP projects being delivered on-time, on budget, and to defined scope
- Ensures the ERP solution maintains compliance with internal policies, procedures, and GxP guidelines to assure proper documentation is maintained and the required controls are implemented
- Manages 3rd party contractors and vendors providing managed services and implementation services
- Manages partnership with SAP and any other ERP IT solution vendors
- Provides leadership and management to the Zymeworks’ ERP IT team through career development, performance management, and recruiting and hiring excellent team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS in Information Technology or relevant field, with at least 10 years of relevant industry experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- At least 4 years management experience of Information Technology professionals
- Demonstrated understanding of recent SAP products, architecture, modules, and services
- Fluent in ERP methodologies, systems, business processes, and best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of core financials, supply chain, procurement, and quality processes in a GxP environment
- Demonstrated experience in implementing SAP (or other major ERP projects) at multi-site organizations, including detailed experience in SAP module configuration
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage an IT team of professionals to higher levels of performance
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with ability to communicate effectively with management and personnel at all levels
- Ability to listen and probe for understanding of needs, opportunities and constraints
- Strong organizational and time management skill, ability to function in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Orientation toward continuous learning, versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- S4/HANA and Ariba implementation experience
- SAP Cloud experience
- Business strategy development
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, six sigma, etc.)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/zymeworkscareers/job/oPSZgfwG. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.