Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will report to the Executive Director, Corporate and Commercial Finance.
- Lead all aspects of financial planning & analysis activities, including the planning and communication of the strategic planning and budgeting process, the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, long-range plans and monthly and quarterly reporting of financial results for management and department heads.
- Deliver consolidations, analyses and outputs that synthesize, distill, and clearly communicate key business trends and insights, variances to plan, future drivers, and opportunities/risks, leveraging and demonstrating strong command of the business and its critical success metrics/drivers
- Develop and manage the ongoing financial planning calendar, including coordination with multiple Finance functions, business partners and related processes and systems (i.e. strategic planning, workforce planning, demand planning etc.)
- Serve as a financial business partner to cross-functional senior leaders to drive effective business decision making and to achieve company-wide financial targets and goals.
- Initiate proactive business dialogue and challenge assumptions to ensure sound financial decisions and improve business performance.
- Create insightful reporting packages, for Senior Management and the Board of Directors/Audit Committee detailing financial plans, performance, and analyses, and supplement by drawing conclusions, making executive summaries and recommendations, and highlighting the risks and opportunities.
- Help develop and monitor critical success metrics through enhanced dashboards and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support in connection with the monthly close process and coordinate with Accounting to drive Balance Sheet and P&L accuracy.
- Design, implement and maintain planning systems that help drive efficient business processes and outputs that meet internal business needs.
- Participate in new system implementations (ERP) and lead the enhancement of systems to address planning/reporting needs from a commercialization perspective (regional sales, inventory, COGS, profitability management, etc.)
- Monitor process effectiveness and efficiency against goals and objectives, taking corrective action as necessary; identify, implement, and support complex/cross-functional process improvements.
- Participate on high-priority corporate development and corporate finance projects, including analyses supporting portfolio prioritization efforts, resource/capital allocation decisions, and other strategic or transactional projects where specialized help, experience or technical skills are required.
- Lead a team of high-performing Finance professionals with cross-functional/multi-department impact. Encourage growth and facilitate the development of team members’ skills through training, mentorship and sharing of knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and CDN/US/UK professional accounting designation (CPA) or graduate-level degree (Finance concentration).
- Minimum of 10 years’ related Financial Planning & Analysis experience in a corporate environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct people management experience.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Embody and champion Zymeworks’ values: Act with Integrity. Collaborate. Care.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven ability to motivate, develop and inspire staff, and to establish an environment fostering effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Exceptional financial planning modeling and scenario analysis skills with a solid track record of accuracy.
- Strong aptitude with financial tools & systems, including Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems and financial planning tools. Experience with implementations and system enhancement projects.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high level of comfort presenting analysis and information to senior management.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging growth environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and sound business judgement with an ability to constructively challenge assumptions and influence with an independent stance when appropriate.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and interpret and summarize data; results oriented and willing to roll-up the sleeves in order to accomplish necessary tasks.
- Customer focus with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to perform under time pressure and respond to unexpected events or circumstances.
- Extremely high attention to detail, a strong ownership work ethic and extreme focus on accuracy and accountability.
Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Embrace Diversity. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oqp3efwQ&s=BC_Life_Sciences Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.