About Notch (www.notchtx.com)
Notch Therapeutics is a cell therapy company that has unlocked the ability to produce T cells and other cells from any source of stem cells. At the core of the Notch technology is the Engineered Thymic Niche (ETN) platform, which enables precision control of cell fate during the differentiation and expansion of stem cells. The ETN is the first technology that can reliably generate T-cells from iPSC-derived progenitor cells using fully defined, non-xenogenic reagents at industrial scale. By leveraging the ETN platform, Notch is positioned to design and deliver the next generation of T cell therapeutics that are specifically engineered to address the underlying biology of complex disease systems. The technology was invented in the laboratories of Juan-Carlos Zúñiga-Pflücker, Ph.D. at Sunnybrook Research Institute and Peter Zandstra, Ph.D., FRSC at the University of Toronto. Notch was founded by these two institutions, in conjunction with MaRS Innovation (now Toronto Innovation Acceleration Partners) and the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM) in Toronto. Notch is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Notch is committed to accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
The Director/Senior Director, Project Management will be a key leader in the organization, establishing a project management function at Notch and ensuring successful delivery of cross-functional R&D and manufacturing projects of high strategic importance. This role will collaborate with senior technical leaders to drive project planning and timeline development and will be responsible for reporting and communication of progress towards milestones. The role will int interact with senior leadership to design and manage an R&D governance framework to progress therapeutic programs from pre-clinical discovery to IND.
- Establish and manage a centralized Project Management function, including the recruitment of highly motivated Project Managers.
- Organize the formation of cross-functional project teams and coordinate development of timelines, milestones, resourcing justification, and budgets.
- Facilitate project team meetings to drive timely and effective decision-making and successful execution of project objectives; create and maintain project documentation including agenda, minutes, action items, decision log and resource tracker.
- Select and implement tools to enable project planning, risk assessments, and reporting dashboards and participate in communication of progress and challenges to leadership and stakeholders.
- Identify and closely manage critical path activities and provide leadership to the project team by anticipating challenges that pose a risk to achieving project goals.
- Design and manage a governance framework to guide transition of therapeutic programs between development phases.
- Organize preparation of high-quality documents for review by executive leadership or governance committees.
- Lead, coach and develop Project Managers at various career levels.
- Drive effective communication across the organization and leadership team.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement of the project management function.
- Demonstrate continuous integrity, credibility, and positivity and motivate others to do the same.
Other responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- 15+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BSc; 10+ years of relevant experience and a MSc or MBA.
- Experience in biotech or biopharmaceutical industry building and managing a project management team.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process and deep expertise in the application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of project management.
- Ability to partner with technical leaders to set vision and strategy for cross-disciplinary development teams.
- Expertise in developing and managing project scope, deliverables, risks and resource requirements.
- High degree of organizational awareness and understanding of change management.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to summarize and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements associated with the therapeutic area(s) of assigned projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and understanding of team dynamics.
- Ability to lead without authority, influence and motivate teams.
- Ability to help teams anticipate, plan, and adapt to an evolving environment.
- Strong coaching capabilities to mentor and develop staff.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under minimal and at times no supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this position please use the following link: Notch Therapeutics – Notch Therapeutics (notchtx.com)