Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
(Full-Time, Permanent Position)
Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy.
Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company. If you want to learn more about job opportunities at Xenon, please visit www.xenon-pharma.com. This position will be located in the Burnaby, BC location.
We are seeking an intermediate/senior level Informatics Analyst to join our growing Informatics team to support the growth and activities within our Discovery teams. Reporting to the Senior Director, Informatics, this person will partner and collaborate on a variety of data and analytic initiatives in the Biology and Chemistry teams. The ideal candidate likes to work in the “cross section” between science and information technology, as well as adding value to data, systems and processes to help achieve departmental and company-wide goals. This role requires someone who enjoys working in a team-based environment, has a keen interest in problem solving and applying state-of-the-art technology to solve challenging scientific technical problems. The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of medicinal chemistry and structure activity relationships. This position will be commensurate with the experience level of the chosen candidate. This position is located at the Burnaby, BC office.
- Working closely with the Discovery teams (Biology and Chemistry), act as a subject matter expert with regards to data analysis, data management, infrastructure, software systems and processes. Recommends solutions that are in line with company practices and appropriate for the specific need or requirements.
- Develop, improve, modify, and operate data analysis pipelines within agreed upon principles and methods.
- Work to identify and remove information management bottlenecks and technical analysis challenges. Document issues as needed.
- Review, recommend and support data analysis activities such as the interpretation of results and recommending appropriate course of action.
- As needed, support the integration of existing software and database components.
- Based on business requirements, may develop software or use open source software in conducting data analysis.
- Work closely with experimental researchers to generate/provide analysis reports, project reports and perform requested custom analysis etc.
- Prepare presentation materials and clearly communicate research approach, methods, and results at internal meetings.
- Keep abreast of recent developments in technology as applied to scientific information handling and analysis.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, statistics, mathematics, computer science or engineering. Academic knowledge of molecular biology and/or chemistry is highly desirable.
- 5-8 years of experience in the life sciences or drug development industry is an asset.
- Experience in Python, PERL, and SQL or PL/SQL; experience with R, Prism, SAS JMP, and/or Matlab would be beneficial.
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, and MariaDB databases.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- A basic understanding of virtualization and containerization. Experience with hypervisors, particularly VMware ESXi would be an asset.
- Experience with cloud services available on Azure, AWS, and/or GCP would be useful.
- Strong bio/cheminformatics analysis and scripting experience with demonstrated experience in bringing together data sets from disparate sources including CSV and SD files as well as local and remote databases.
- A commitment to continuous learning and a demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with scientific and non-scientific personnel.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to providing accurate, high quality work.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities while still meeting timelines.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
To apply for this position, visit our job posting at https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-us/xenon/Posting/View/181 and click Apply Now to complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.