About the Opportunity:
An exciting chance to join a Nasdaq listed, US GAAP reporting and SOX compliant entity. In an environment that is both collaborative and friendly, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge while contributing your skill set to a growing company. The Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for coordinating the Company’s accounting needs and ensuring the Company’s accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and comply with Sarbanes Oxley Regulations.
InMed Pharmaceuticals is a Nasdaq listed clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of medications in diseases with high unmet medical need. The Company is dedicated to delivering new therapeutic alternatives to patients that may benefit from cannabinoid-based medicines. For more information, visit www.inmedpharma.com.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A
- Prepare reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and supporting documents on a quarterly basis
- Monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Coordinate year-end audit and interim reviews including liaising with external auditors and handling all requests and queries
- Prepare quarterly variance analysis report
Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
Treasury and Other
- Assist with the treasury tracking system (Shareworks) and related spreadsheets
- Monitor bank balances relative to pending cash needs and recommend transfers between investment accounts and foreign currency denominated accounts
- Oversee accounts payable functions
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Assist all departments with ad hoc financial analysis and other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in the CPA program
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Familiarity with one or more general ledger systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High standards of ethical business and personal conduct combined with a commitment to operational excellence including attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions because you know it is about getting it right, not being right
If you are interested in this position and meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.