Manager, End User Services
About the Role:
We are seeking a Manager, End User Services, to join our team. This role will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional work experience across the company by limiting disruptions and enhancing productivity. This individual will lead a small team of Vancouver-based employees and a future Managed Services Provider (MSP). The team conducts support operations by utilizing a ticketing system in accordance with ITIL processes. The Manager, End User services will be responsible for endpoint management of computers, mobile devices, and workplace systems. The successful candidate will also play a hands-on role with technical escalations and sensitive/prioritized support requests. During this period of rapid growth and evolution, this role may be assigned additional responsibilities (beyond the core responsibilities described above) based on company needs, the individual’s experience and expertise, and the availability of resources within IT. This position reports to the Director, End User Computing and will be located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The level of the position will be commensurate with the candidate’s education and industry experience.
- Lead the support team to provide exceptional customer service remotely, deskside, in meeting rooms, and in the laboratory environments. Serve as the escalation point for both technical and managerial decisions.
- Manage IT support operations by reports, analysis, running daily meetings, and setting priorities.
- Serve as the support lead for sensitive/prioritized requests. Develop and maintain strong relationships with executives, executive assistants, and office management. Provide hands-on technical support and event/meeting support.
- Manage vendors and external resources per their contracted terms and conditions in the context of both project delivery and ongoing operations to maximize return on investment for Xenon.
- Lead projects for the team, to include hardware tech refresh, software deployments, office buildouts/enhancements, and the delivery of new services.
- Support endpoint systems and platforms including Laptops, Mobile Devices, Lab PCs, Entra ID, AD, M365 suite, Intune, Microsoft Teams Rooms Yealink A/V, Multi-Function Printers, and related tools.
- Partner with HR Operations to fulfill IT responsibilities for the end user lifecycle. Lead IT Orientation.
- Maintain the end-user and lab computing environments to stay current with patching and policy compliance, assessing reports, and implementing remediations.
- Oversee asset management and procurement to maintain availability of hardware and software licenses.
- Maintain the tools and processes required for productive and secure collaboration with external parties.
- Responsible for producing service desk reports, improving efficiency to achieve SLAs, reviewing ticket surveys, and engaging with users across the organization to understand and enhance the user experience.
- Oversee the knowledge management process for both end user articles and technical instructions for IT.
- Drive training and adoption of relevant capabilities and features within the Microsoft suite (e.g. SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, M365 Apps, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and standards to support compliance with relevant regulations (e.g. GxP, SOX, privacy).
- Develop and propose short- and long-term objectives for the function in accordance with overall Company strategies and plans.
- Recruit, lead, direct, develop, coach and evaluate direct reports, if any, in accordance with the Company’s Human Resource policies and practices
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least 5 years of progressive information technology experience in a similar role, of which at least 2 years of the experience is in a leadership/people management capacity.
- Experience in highly regulated industries requiring proficiency working through audit, process, and compliance requirements is preferred. Experience in supporting a commercial organization in the life sciences industries is an asset.
- Deep knowledge of Windows 11, AD, the M365 suite, mobile devices, and endpoint security.
- Experience with programming languages, PowerShell, Graph API, and the Power Platform is a plus.
- Strong experience in IT operations including ITIL/ITSM processes and associated systems (e.g. ServiceNow). ITIL certification is a plus.
- Experience managing MSPs for service desk, with a track record of ensuring seamless service delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain highly technical information in a concise and effective manner to an audience of varying technical aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer service mindset. Proactive in anticipating user pain points and developing streamlined processes.
- Effective problem solving, with an emphasis on diagnosing and resolving root causes, and on building and supporting robust solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvements in business processes. Successful track record in managing IT projects. Experience managing project teams with resources from across the IT department and business community is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and across the organization at any level.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and developing team members.
The base salary range for this role is $94,700 CAD to $118,164 CAD; we will consider above this range for exceptional candidates. Base salary is determined by a combination of factors including, but not limited to, education and other qualifications, years of relevant experience, and internal equity.
Our Total Rewards program includes base salary, target bonus, and stock options, as well as a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-& long-term disability, accidental death & dismemberment, and life insurance programs, Employee Assistance Program, travel insurance, and retirement savings programs with company matching contributions.
Xenon encourages time to rest and re-charge through vacation, personal days, sick days, and an end-of-year company shutdown. Xenon highly values employee development and has an expanding Training, Learning & Development program, including a Tuition Assistance program for advanced degrees.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.