(1 Year Fixed Term)
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a knowledgeable, organized, and energetic investor relations and corporate communications professional who is looking to grow their career at a people-centric, mission-driven, rapidly evolving company. The Manager, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications will be primarily responsible for managing and co-ordinating the day-to-day activities of Zymeworks’ investor relations and internal and external communications functions. With a specific focus on investor relations, they will manage all quarterly and annual reporting activities and ensure all communication materials are accurate and up to date. They will collaborate with internal Functional Leads, and will partner closely with the Senior Director, Corporate Affairs, to support communications strategies that reinforce the company’s value, strategy and opportunities. They will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Corporate Affairs, and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
- Oversees the logistics of quarterly/yearly financial results including drafting content for 10K/10Qs and managing appropriate review of specific content.
- With manager input, orchestrates the logistics of non-deal roadshows, banking conferences, analyst-hosted, and company-sponsored events.
- Manages incoming investor and analyst requests and coordinates related meetings alongside Head of Corporate Affairs.
- Generates investor target lists, creates background primers for meetings, takes detailed notes, and records all information to CMS system, etc.
- Oversees logistics for special events and webcast/conference calls, including managing vendors to ensure the calls and events run smoothly.
- Manages and updates investor collateral, including corporate presentation, Q&As, and investor relations website and ensures appropriate review as necessary.
- Provides support for annual report and coordinates the annual stockholders’ meeting (AGM).
- Creates reports detailing ownership of peer companies and other data available in CMS
- Routinely distributes summaries and analyst notes and other related materials to executive team.
- Creates analyst consensus reports with the help of a vendor and highlights any notable estimate changes in models.
- Drafts investor focused news releases and ensures press releases have appropriate executive sign off.
- Puts news releases over the wire and ensures proper distribution, including employees, board members and the financial community.
- Maintains Investor Relations policy and related standard operating procedure compliance documents.
- Manages internal brand templates (logos, slides, etc.).
- Oversees logistics for all-hands meetings, including presentation materials.
- Serves as a corporate journalist for company intranet highlighting news, milestones, events and employees.
- Tracks department budget against plan.
- Handles special projects as requested.
- Other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in communications, finance or related field and 3-5 years of investor relations and/or communications experience in a publicly traded healthcare/biotechnology company or IR agency, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and external associates.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to exercise professionalism, sound judgement and discretion when handling issues of a difficult sensitive or confidential nature.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- General knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry
- Must be flexible and excited to adapt to a fast-paced, fast-growing company.
Why Work for Us?
At Zymeworks, we stand for innovation, integrity, collaboration and care.
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=odpdefwN&s=BC_Life_Sciences Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our People team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.