Marketing & Communications Specialist (Co-op Student)
Role Type: Contract Co-op Student
Duration: 16 weeks minimum (possible extension)
Start date: January 2024 (with training in mid-December 2023)
Hours: (Full time) 37.5 hours
Location: Hybrid – Downtown Vancouver, BC
Criteria: Registered full-time Communications of Business student at a Canadian post-secondary institution who is a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident. This is non-negotiable for funding reasons. Must be fully vaccinated.
The Organization: Life Sciences BC (LSBC) is a dynamic, non-profit, non-governmental industry association dedicated to championing and representing the vibrant life sciences community in British Columbia. We operate locally, nationally, and globally, driving economic growth in our province through leadership, investment facilitation, advocacy, and the promotion of our world-class life sciences sector.
The Opportunity: In this limited-term role, you'll work alongside our Marketing and Communications Manager, contributing your skills to the planning and execution of diverse marketing and communications initiatives. This is an exceptional chance to acquire practical expertise while leaving your mark on both the life sciences field and the world of marketing and communications.
Scope of Position:
- Social Media: Collaborate on and execute a comprehensive social media strategy.
- Website: Take charge of updates and content posting.
- Newsletters: Assist in preparing engaging weekly newsletters.
- Branding: Ensure the consistent use of marketing collateral across all deliverables.
- Analytics: Dive into data metrics, analyze trends, and deliver insightful reports.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional Writing and Critical Thinking Skills: Craft compelling content and analyze complex issues.
- Detail-Oriented Organization: Maintain precision and accuracy in all tasks.
- Strong Interpersonal Communication: Collaborate effectively with a diverse team.
- Social Media Savvy: Profound understanding of social media strategy principles.
- Independence and Collaboration: Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Tech Proficiency: Navigate MS Office suite and utilize Canva for visually engaging presentations.
- Email Marketing Experience: Familiarity with tools like Constant Contact.
- Digital Tools Proficiency: Knowledge of WordPress, Hootsuite, and Google Analytics.
- Interest in Health and Life Sciences: Preferred, but not mandatory.
Application: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Johanna Mills, Manager, Marketing & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2023. We look forward to connecting with you!