Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
(12 month contract, full-time)
Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy.
Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company. If you want to learn more about job opportunities at Xenon, please visit www.xenon-pharma.com
We are seeking a Medical Editor to join our growing Clinical Development team, advancing several late stage products through global Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials and U.S. New Drug Application(s). This important role will work closely with the Associate Director, Medical Writing to deliver top quality clinical and regulatory documents in support of our programs.
This position will be located in the Vancouver area, BC, Canada or the Boston area, MA, USA; we may consider other locations for an exceptional candidate. This is a temporary full‑time position for 12 months, potentially leading to a permanent full-time position.
- Edit, format, and finalize a variety clinical/regulatory documents (eg, protocols, CSRs, IBs, briefing documents, and summary documents). Responsibilities include editing for grammar, style, usage, and consistency with company templates and standards; performing quality control review of documents, including 100% source verification and consistency within and across documents; and assisting with the finalization of documents for approval and/or submission.
- Ensure delivery of accurate and complete work within designated timelines.
- Maintain the EndNote reference library and companywide master list of abbreviations, organize literature references for regulatory submissions.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any
- BS or MS in health sciences or related field with 5+ years of medical editing experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology or CRO environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in medical editing and clinical/regulatory document development (eg, protocols, CSRs, IBs, and summary documents).
- Working knowledge of drug development, clinical research, and regulatory processes.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with team members in a variety of roles.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks, work simultaneously on multiple projects, and to independently complete high quality documents according to tight timelines.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office suite; EndNote; Adobe Acrobat). Familiarity with regulatory document management systems (eg, MasterControl) and performing literature searches (eg, PubMed) a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-us/xenon, select the position you are interested in, click Apply Now to create a candidate profile, and complete the job application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: until the position is filled