Qu Biologics Inc.
Qu Biologics is a private, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company located in Vancouver, BC, that develops Site Specific Immunomodulators (SSIs) which are designed to restore the body’s normal immune function to reverse the chronic inflammation underlying many conditions including cancer and inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD).
IS QU FOR YOU?
Love doing something that you can feel passionate about? Excited by innovation? Love new ideas and working with a creative, fun and inspired team? Want to make a difference in the world and work with people who feel the same? Then this is for you!
- You are well-organized, understand the importance of detail, and are able to multi-task and prioritize duties effectively
- You understand the importance of identifying and overcoming rate-limiting steps to ensure that projects are moving forward as quickly as possible, without sacrificing quality
- You are innovative and also practical and enjoy finding the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to real-world problems
- You value respectful, open communication and inspired teamwork to achieve shared goals
- You always ask “Why?”
This job posting is for a full-time (1.0 FTE) position. The successful candidate must be a results-oriented “do-er” who is happy to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to interact positively with other team members are absolutely required. This position requires a proven ability to multi-task efficiently, to ensure that Qu’s SSI Technology Platform is fully supported in terms of Process Development and selected assay development and testing. This Laboratory based role requires the candidate to work as part of a growing team in a very busy company environment. You will report on a day-to-day basis to the VP, Biologics Manufacturing.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Development and optimization of microbial fermentation and downstream processes including separation and purification technologies for high yield production of target products.
- Development of Characterization assays, eg potency, purity and other appropriate assays, including hands-on testing as well as monitoring of outsourced analytical assay development.
- Analytical characterization of fermentation and the determination of fermentation and downstream process parameters.
- Contributing to in-house product development and testing activities in coordination with the Preclinical and Translational Research (PTR) Team, including but not limited to; SSI production, formulation, fill and finish, characterization, sample processing, stability and potency.
- Contributes to the generation of relevant CMC documentation for regulatory submissions to Health Canada, the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree (MS) in biochemistry or chemical, biochemical or bioprocess engineering
- At least 2 years proven experience of standard processes in microbial fermentation, inactivation, harvesting, downstream processing and/or formulation and scale up of bacterial vaccine production
- Working knowledge of biological assay development.
- Understanding of Biosafety Level 2 requirements for pathogenic bacteria
- Demonstrated familiarity/experience within an Industrial cGMP environment a strong asset
- Valid Canadian work permit, permanent resident (PR) status, or Canadian citizenship is absolutely required. We regret that we are not able to sponsor candidates’ immigration/work permit applications for this position.
DESIRED START DATE
ASAP. The position is open so please apply!
Salary commensurate with experience. Three (3) weeks annual vacation prorated as applicable.
BUSINESS ADDRESS & LOCATION OF WORK
4475 Wayburne Drive, Suite 305
Burnaby, British Columbia V5G 4X4 Canada
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit https://www.qubiologics.com/ for more information about Qu Biologics. If this opportunity matches your character, experience, and skill set, please email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word (doc/docx) or PDF format, to email@example.com and indicate “Process Development” in the subject line. Applications will not be accepted by fax, mail, or over the phone.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a position at Qu Biologics. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that we will not be fielding inquires by phone.