Quality Control Analyst / Technologist
The mission of the Quality Control Analyst is to complete all quality control tests required for manufacturing and stability in compliance with GMP and ISO 13485; and complete all day-to-day quality control activities such as ordering, inventory, receiving, shipping, instrument maintenance, and QC facility cleaning accurately and on time.
- Are meticulous & detail orientated with safe lab practices and excellent documentation skills
- Are an entrepreneur in a QC Analyst’s body
- Perform remarkably or fail big, rather than perform adequately
- Have a fearless personality and the desire to change the world
- Prefer to wear jeans & a lab coat rather than a suit & tie
First Six Months’ Outcomes
- Become fully trained in all QC activities within the first 180 days (including HPLC, GPC, FT-IR, UV-Vis and other techniques)
- Within 90 days QC analyst will independently calibrate, maintain, clean, and troubleshoot instruments accurately and clean QC facility accurately and on time
- Within 120 days QC analyst will perform in-process and release testing during manufacturing, and stability testing.
Other duties may include R&D bench work.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Biology and/or Diploma in similar discipline
- Good working knowledge of laboratory safety procedures, SOPs, ISO 13485, QMS and GMPs
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work in a QC facility with potentially hazardous instruments & chemicals, dust, noise, moisture, and odor
- Physically fit: able to lift 15 kg safely and stand for extended periods of time
- Prioritized / Drives decisions & their execution / Goal-oriented organization, planning & execution / Action management
- Aggressive; Driven & Fast-Paced Work Ethic / Commitment / Determination / Perseverance / Resilience / Energy Level; and Assertive
- Ego under control / Humble / Kind
- Health - Passionate about improving their own and others’ health
- Teamwork / Collaboration / ‘Chemistry’ / Interpersonal skills
- Honest, Integrity and Trustworthy
- Flexible / Adaptable / Versatile
- Calm under pressure
Who or What is ARC Medical Devices?
ARC is a clinical stage company developing and commercializing novel, first-in-class products to prevent surgical adhesions - which if not prevented cause pain & suffering, organ dysfunction, infertility, and death; and for which there is a dire unmet medical need. Our products are non-viscous, liquid medical devices. Our preclinical data in numerous surgical adhesion models show that our product flows throughout the entire surgical site and prevents or reduces the formation of surgical adhesions throughout the entire surgical site. We are manufacturing GMP and ISO 13485 compliant batches for use in our human clinical trials.
- Work to positively transform the health of millions of surgery patients
- Care more about your creativity, intelligence and values than your experience
- Are building a start-up: we work hard and take time to celebrate our successes
- Are implementing efficient systems amid company scale-up chaos
- Are not afraid to make mistakes
Why Work at ARC Medical Devices Inc.?
- Mission: We are doing something super-important that no one else is going to get done: using our novel, liquid medical device we are preventing or reducing the formation of surgical adhesions throughout the entire surgical site.
- People: We have a superstar team that is passionate about improving their own & others’ health and is fun to work with (also a bit goofy). Every member of our team is prioritized, driven, trustworthy, self-improving, smart, creative, and efficient. Our team is built of diverse international people across various disciplines – all of whom enjoy the outdoors, be it hiking, trail-running, camping, kayaking, kiteboarding, snowboarding, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing or other outdoor activities.
- Family: As part of our hiring and post-hiring processes – we ensure that ARC is the correct fit for our team members’ families.
- Fun: 1) We hire the right people for the right job so that our folks do what they love doing while helping get our products to patients. 2) Currently virtually due to COVID-19, occasionally our entire team has Friday Drinks o’Clock; and we also have a ‘celebration day’ after achieving an aggressive milestone – including activities like online games and art day, go-kart racing, mini-golf, beer brewing, hiking, and snowshoeing.
- Growth: We value our team members’ growth, and we expect and provide significant professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are in Richmond, BC, Canada – right beside Vancouver. From our facilities to downtown Vancouver is about a 30-minute drive; and to the Vancouver international airport is about a 10-minute drive.
How To Apply
Tell us in exactly eight sentences in your cover letter why you’re interested in ARC and how your past accomplishments show what unique contributions you can make to our team. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume, in pdf, to email@example.com and include the name of this position in the subject heading.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will only contact those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
ARC’s Hiring Process
We use a thorough and structured process to ensure the best fit for the person we hire and ARC’s requirements for the job.
Our process is as follows:
- Application letter and resume review (prior to first interview)
- Screening Call Interview
- Focused Interview
- Who Interview
- Reference Interviews