Research Animal Technician
BRI, A Frontage Company, is a Contract Research Company (CRO) located in Vancouver, BC with a head office located at Exton, Pennsylvania. BRI specializes in bioanalytical LC/MS/MS, In-vitro / In-vivo Drug Metabolism / Pharmacokinetics and drug product pre-clinical and clinical development in Canada, USA, Europe and Japan. Our facility is accredited by AAALAC and conforms to GLP guidance.
We are seeking highly motivated team players that enjoy the fast pace, self-learning and highly regulated environment of a CRO.
Position: Research Animal Technician
- Requires post secondary diploma in animal health technology or a B.Sc in animal science plus 2-years experience working hands on in an animal facility, and/or equivalent combination of training and experience
- CALAS certification (RLAT) preferred
- Ability to perform skilled technical duties but not limited to animal handling, restraint, manipulations (SQ, PO, IV, IP) and minor surgeries in rodents
- Experience with xenograft studies an asset
- Exceptional CCAC and AAALAC compliance knowledge.
- Experience in pharmaceutical contract research and GLP compliance knowledge is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, organization and leadership abilities.
- Competent and self motivated individual able to work independently.
- Excellent logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, holidays, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Performs skilled technical duties, animal handling, restraint and manipulations, (SQ. PO. IV. IP. Tumor volume measurements) and minor surgeries.
- Perform blood collection techniques (tail nicks, saphenous bleeds, jugular vein collections, cardiac punctures)
- Perform tissue collection procedures and euthanasia.
- Performs general husbandry and assumes responsibility for animal care and monitoring.
- Performs drug dosage calculations and serial dilutions.
- Enters data and creates Excel spreadsheets specific to each study.
- Ensures supplies including animal food, bedding and other essential supplies are ordered as required.
- Assumes responsibility for all study monitoring and the completion of score sheets, as required.
- Ensures that all study related documentation is completed and archived as required.
- Follows safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
Please apply to:
BRI Biopharmaceutical Research Inc. (A Frontage Company)
#101-8898 Heather Street
Vancouver, BC, V6P 3S8