Acuitas Therapeutics Inc.
Acuitas is a private biotechnology company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We are the premier global provider of delivery technology to enable new classes of nucleic acid therapeutics. Acuitas is partnered with multiple international, biotechnology and pharmaceutical partners. These partnerships are focused on bringing new vaccines and drugs into clinical development and to the marketplace. Acuitas fosters an inclusive and supportive work environment and our values are honesty, integrity, innovation and openness. We strive to work internally and with our partners in an ethical, collegiate and respectful manner.
Working within the Preclinical Group and reporting to the Sr. Director, Preclinical, the Research Associate, Preclinical will be responsible for conducting and supporting in vitro and in vivo studies to characterize the pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics/distribution and safety of LNP-nucleic acid formulations. The Associate, Preclinical will be proficient/expert in routine procedures required for in vivo studies and will be able to generate and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and study protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and execute in vivo studies in collaboration with Preclinical team members
- Prepare/review and follow study protocols, ACUP protocols, SOPs
- Maintain detailed data records for individual studies
- Develop and implement new in vivo methodologies, as required to support R&D objectives, and train additional team members
- Coordinate studies with other Acuitas scientists, collaborators, partners and/or contract laboratories (CRO), as required.
- Generate budgets and timelines, as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Diploma, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in laboratory animal sciences, pharmacology, biology, toxicology, immunology, biochemistry or a related discipline.
- Proficiency/expertise in injections (IV, SC, IM), blood and tissue sampling and rodent necropsies.
- Ability and willingness to learn and support in vitro/in vivo assays, as assigned.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to document study data.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and studies across multi-functional groups in a fast-paced environment, and to execute preclinical evaluations of LNP activity, PK/distribution and safety.
Please submit your cover letter and CV in Adobe PDF format via the below link:
Submissions should be through the link above; however, if you experience any issues during your application, please contact email@example.com.