Research Associate – Protein Expression and Analysis (Molecular Biology; Biochemistry)
Symvivo is seeking a highly motivated and creative Research Associate with proven industrial experience in Recombinant Protein Expression and Analysis to join our dynamic and diverse R&D team.
Symvivo is a biotechnology company developing a novel live-cell, gene delivery platform. We currently have active programs in clinical and preclinical spaces, including oncology, vaccine development, chronic inflammation and rare diseases. Symvivo’s bacTRL technology is a novel bacterial-based gene delivery platform engineered to specifically colonize various disease tissues, such as primary and secondary solid tumours, ischemic tissues, and colonic lumen to deliver genetic material to cells of the surrounding microenvironment. The selective delivery and expression of genetic payloads transforms the molecular landscape of the targeted tissues, dramatically changing the scope of targeted gene therapy in various diseases.
The successful candidate will have extensive technical knowledge of current molecular and biochemical assays for the purpose of characterizing lead targets for our gene therapy programs, to validate expression and functionality of these unique therapeutic candidates in vitro. The candidate will have experience in protein purification and biochemical analysis of recombinant proteins. The candidate will be highly motivated and proactive for hands-on bench research, with a drive for data generation. The candidate will work closely with our scientific team using their molecular and biochemical skills to support efforts in target validation and proof of concept studies, as well as contribute to the overall organization of the laboratory. Ideal applicants will conform to high standards of scientific rigour and possess excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills. The applicant should be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary and highly collaborative work environment.
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- MSc or BSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and/or Biotechnology with >3 years of industrial experience in these disciplines.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of standard molecular biology techniques such as such as protein expression, gel electrophoresis and protein quantification assays (Bradford/BCA, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, ELISA).
- Experienced in general protein structural biology, with an understanding of protein structure/function relationships, protein-protein interactions, and nucleoprotein complexes.
- Additional skills in general tissue culture techniques, including cell transfection, and immunofluorescence cytometry (IFC) would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintains a detailed laboratory notebook and present results as needed.
- Perform experiments with careful attention to detail and accurately records procedure/data/results in a timely manner are vital.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other analysis software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, GraphPad Prism).
How to Apply:
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the job title Research Associate – Protein Expression in the subject line. We thank you for your interest in Symvivo, however we are only able to contact you should you be considered for a position.