Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist, Process Chemistry
Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy.
Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company. If you want to learn more about job opportunities at Xenon, please visit www.xenon-pharma.com. This position will be in the Burnaby location.
We are seeking a Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist, Process Chemistry to join our team, reporting to the Associate Director, Process Chemistry in the CMC team. The incumbent will be involved in the development and optimization of synthetic processes for Xenon’s small molecule APIs.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Discovery to transfer product candidates into the CMC group.
- Develop and execute processes for scaling-up compounds from Xenon’s internal pipeline.
- Properly document the scale up processes in our eNotebook system.
- Synthesize impurity standards and metabolites, as required.
- Perform basic salt screening and polymorph screening activities.
- Work with CMC Drug Substance Managers to transfer processes and procedures to our outsourced contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs).
- Collaborate with colleagues in the CMC Drug Product and Drug Substance subgroups, such that relevant deliverables are optimal for use in, or as, GLP material.
- Participate in CDMO technology transfers and site visits as required.
- Conduct general laboratory maintenance and monitoring.
- Organize and file internal data, protocols and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic/physical organic chemistry, with a minimum of 2 years of hands-on synthetic laboratory experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with scientific and non-scientific personnel.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to providing accurate, high-quality work.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
To apply for this position, click here, select Apply Now and complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.