Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy.
Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company. If you want to learn more about job opportunities at Xenon, please visit www.xenon-pharma.com.
We are seeking a Research Technician to join our animal care team. This position will provide husbandry (95%) and technical in vivo support (5%) for early stage preclinical research. You will be working in an accredited research facility holding Good Animal Practices (G.A.P.) certification from the Canadian Council on Animal Care (C.C.A.C). This position will be in the Burnaby location.
- Animal husbandry following CCAC guidelines
- Waste removal and inventory management
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of facility
- Operation of various equipment
- Clinical health assessment
- Biological sample collection
- Demonstrate technical aptitude
- Detail-oriented with good organizational, time management and observational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and clear communication skills
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, discretion and initiative
- Capable of lifting up to 25kg
- Ability to work rotational weekends, and stat holidays
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets and word processing
- CALAS certification preferred
To apply for this position, visit our job posting https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-us/xenon/Posting/View/82 and click ‘Apply Now’ to complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.