Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy.
Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company. If you want to learn more about job opportunities at Xenon, please visit www.xenon-pharma.com.
We are seeking a Research Technician to join our animal care team. This position will provide husbandry (95%) and technical in vivo support (5%) for early stage preclinical research. You will be working in an accredited research facility holding Good Animal Practices (G.A.P.) certification from the Canadian Council on Animal Care (C.C.A.C). This position will be in the Burnaby location.
- Perform basic routine and non-routine husbandry duties associated with animal care for rodents, i.e. mice and rat
- Ensure cleanliness of entire facility, including, but not limited to housing and procedure rooms
- Monitor and ensures overall health and welfare of animals in accordance with CCAC guidelines
- Conduct daily health checks of all animals, identification, documentation and reporting to Facility manager
- Maintain animal health records, environmental facility parameters
- Receive, and record incoming animals
- Remove biohazardous waste, sharps, dead animals as per established procedures
- Maintain adequate supply of inventory (feed, bedding, etc) and ensure procedure rooms are stocked and functional at all times
- Work within established guidelines, policies, SOPs and safety requirements
- Routinely performs various tasks including weighing of animals, anaesthesia and euthanasia
- Assist and participate, in technical procedures and studies in collaboration with in vivo Research Associates
- Collect tissue samples for genotyping
- Assist with formulation preparation
- Uses professional concepts and SOPs to solve a variety of problems
- Demonstrate technical aptitude
- Detail-oriented with good organizational, time management and observational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and clear communication skills
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, discretion and initiative
- Capable of lifting up to 25kg
- Ability to work rotational weekends, and stat holidays
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets and word processing
- CALAS certification preferred
Application information: To apply for this position, please visit https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-us/xenon, select the position you are interested in, click Apply Now to create a candidate profile, and complete the job application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Application deadline: until the position is filled