Amgen British Columbia
Job ID | R-115132
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
SCIENTIST – IMMUNOLOGIST – ANTIBODY REPERTOIRE GENERATION
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. The Antibody Repertoire Engineering and Screening (ARES) team is seeking a talented, highly motivated immunologist to join our dynamic research group in Burnaby, Canada. This scientist will occupy a key leadership role in the Biologics Discovery organization and will be tasked with advancing our capabilities to generate and discover best-in-class antibodies using in vivo platforms.
- Design experiments to test novel immunomodulatory methods and compounds
- Develop strategies to direct the adaptive immune response towards desired outcomes
- Leverage ground breaking technologies to interrogate adaptive humoral and cellular immune responses
- Collaborate with protein engineers to create, test and optimize novel antigen designs for challenging targets
- Drive innovative platform development to support high-quality antibody discovery
- Participate on cross-functional Project Teams with scientists from across the Research organization
- Have the opportunity to lead early therapeutic antibody discovery projects
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree OR
Master’s degree and 4 years of scientific experience OR
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of scientific experience
- Doctorate degree and 2+ years Postdoctoral experience
- Specific expertise and a record of publication in adaptive immunology
- Experience with the regulation of mammalian B cell biology is highly desirable
- Strong problem solving and scientific skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly with a high sense of urgency in a cross-functional, highly matrixed team environment
SOME OF THE VAST REWARDS OF WORKING HERE
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
FOR A CAREER THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.