About Notch (www.notchtx.com)
Notch Therapeutics is a cell therapy company that has unlocked the ability to produce T cells from pluripotent stem cells. The core of Notch’s technology is the Engineered Thymic Niche (ETN) platform, which enables precise control of cell fate during the differentiation and expansion of stem cells using fully defined, non-xenogenic reagents at industrial scale. Notch is positioned to design and deliver the next generation of T cell therapeutics, engineered to address the underlying biology of complex diseases. Recently funded with an $85M financing and rapidly growing, Notch is looking for scientifically curious and intrinsically motivated individuals who thrive in a cross-disciplinary and collaborative environment.
As a Scientist, Modeling and Simulation, you will be part of a diverse team focused on advancing iPSC-derived T-cell therapeutics from discovery-stage through scale-up and clinical development. You will provide deep technical knowledge and hands-on expertise in developing mathematical models of T-cell signaling, differentiation and functional activity. You will be responsible for task definition, planning and execution, and communicating results to internal and external partners. You will be a leader in bringing new and innovative products, technologies, and processes to market to enable life-saving advances in cell therapy.
- Collaborate closely with biology, engineering and translational medicine teams to develop modelling strategies that will advance iPSC-derived T-cell therapies from discovery to IND.
- Develop mathematical models encompassing T-cell signal transduction, cell differentiation and functional activity in vitro and in vivo, interfacing data science and quantitative systems pharmacology.
- Use model simulations to inform the design of experiments, interpret data and evaluate hypotheses.
- Mentor and manage junior (recent PhD graduate) scientists as the Notch team grows.
- Identify relevant published literature for model development, optimization, and validation
- Effectively communicate model results and outcomes to scientists in both quantitative and non-quantitative disciplines.
- Define milestones and create project timelines.
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results.
- Drive effective communication across the organization.
- Demonstrate continuous integrity, credibility, and positivity and motivate others to do the same.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D in engineering, applied mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline.
- Training or previous experience in building differential equation-based models of biological systems.
- Experience in early drug development, working with multi-functional teams.
- Understanding of theory, principles, and statistical aspects of mathematical modeling and simulation, including parameter estimation techniques and sensitivity analyses, and how these can be applied to address scientific questions in a timely manner.
- Hands-on knowledge of modeling and simulation software (MATLAB/Simbiology) and statistical programming.
- Working knowledge of PK/PD approaches in translational drug development.
- Working knowledge of cell biology and/or immunology.
- Primary authorship on relevant publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Ability to independently propose, design, execute and report on research projects.
- Self-directed with ability to work independently.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
To apply for this position please use the following link: Notch Therapeutics – Notch Therapeutics (notchtx.com)