Scientist, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Genevant is a technology-focused nucleic acid delivery company with world-class platforms, the industry’s most robust and expansive lipid nanoparticle (LNP) patent estate, and decades of experience and expertise in nucleic acid drug delivery and development. We leverage our world-class delivery systems to bring new medicines to patients who need them, in collaboration with leading pharmaceutical companies. Our laboratories and offices are based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
Genevant has an opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled Scientist to join our Pharmaceutical Sciences team. The Scientist will have a key role in developing stable formulations of mRNA LNP investigational drugs for evaluation in preclinical studies and clinical trials. This position will report to the Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and execute LNP formulation development and stability studies.
• Perform analytical testing using a panel of methods including particle sizing and HPLC.
• Conduct lyophilization studies including cycle parameter investigations.
• Assist with technology transfer of lyophilization process to CMOs.
• Prepare and test small-scale LNP batches for in-house studies and collaborations.
• Carry out in-use stability, freeze/thaw and temperature excursion studies.
• Develop procedures for handling investigational drugs in the clinic.
• Develop advanced physicochemical characterization methods for novel lipid excipients, mRNA active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug product dosage forms.
• Summarize findings in written reports and present results at team and company meetings.
• Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• PhD in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or a related discipline, or M.Sc. + 3 years of experience.
• Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience preferred.
• Knowledge of various analytical instruments and assays for chemical and physicochemical characterization of drug substance and drug product.
• Experience with drug product formulation would be an asset.
• Experience with lyophilization would be an asset.
• Keen desire and enthusiasm to work in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
• Ability to work in a team environment within a diverse organization and to have a high level of independence for planning and executing experiments.
• Enthusiasm and aptitude for hands-on data analysis and laboratory bench work.
• Multi-task and effectively manage timelines.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and with data analysis and graphing.