Scientist, Preclinical Pharmacology
Who we are
Abdera Therapeutics Inc. is a precision oncology company developing next-generation targeted radiation therapies- one of the most cutting-edge and highly promising areas of drug development. The company is built on a proprietary modular technology platform optimized for the delivery of radioisotopes to selectively destroy tumor cells while sparing healthy cells. Abdera is using this platform to enable the rapid development of a broad range of safe and efficacious therapies serving cancer patients with limited treatment options.
Abdera Therapeutics is growing rapidly and seeking key new team members who thrive at the cutting-edge of innovation. Come join us and be a part of the ground-breaking team set to unlock the power of targeted radiotherapy!
What we look for
At Abdera Therapeutics, we are looking for curious and committed individuals who are ready for the opportunity to transform the way people living with cancer can be treated. We are devoted to advancing novel treatment options that offer new hope to families facing devastating diagnoses. We are in search of team members who work collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues, respectfully engaging one another while collectively and inclusively tackling any challenges we may face. We are building an exciting and fast paced company passionate about discovering and developing tomorrow’s most innovative cancer therapies.
- Develop, execute and interpret preclinical PK, pharmacology and toxicology studies.
- Manage preclinical studies by coordinating external contract research organizations (CROs) and internal activities to support candidate selection and advance development programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to design and interpret studies and contribute to the overall strategy to develop targeted cancer radiotherapies.
- Write and review study protocols, analyze results, prepare and present data summaries, and contribute to authoring manuscripts and sections in regulatory filings.
- Identify and implement new pharmacology models and strategies to address program needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- PhD in Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Oncology, Toxicology or a related discipline with a minimum of 2 to 5 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of industry experience in preclinical drug discovery and development.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of and working experience using relevant in vivo pharmacology models.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and conducting studies with CROs.
- Applied understanding of pharmacokinetics is highly preferred.
- Experience with preclinical in vivo oncology models, antibody therapeutic development and radiopharmaceuticals is an asset.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team and develop effective relationships with key partners.
- Proven ability to lead and manage concurrent deliverables in a fast-paced, milestone-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Abdera is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At Abdera, we prohibit harassment of any kind and any form of discrimination including but not limited to discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This is applicable to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and current resume to the following address: