Amgen British Columbia
Amgen – Burnaby, BC, Canada is now seeking an experienced Assistant Facilities Manager (Sr Associate Facilities II) for a temporary 14-month assignment
Job ID: R-111675
The Senior Associate Facilities II role will handle transportation logistics and provide oversight for Integrated Service Provider support within the Global Facilities Operations (GFO) organization and will report to the Senior Manager of Facilities, Global Facilities Operations. The position will be the primary contact for transportation logistics, procurement and business resiliency for operations at the Amgen British Columbia site and will be fully coordinated with the integrated service providers handling coordinated facilities management, laboratory asset management, lab consumables, and supplier relationship management.
This position will work with all levels and groups of the Engineering and Research and Development organizations. In addition, they will:
- Supervise and manage transportation logistics for all site shipments (shipping and receiving)
- Be the main contact for the business resiliency program focusing on improving the program and partnership with the R&D organization
- Serve as the central contact for procurement related escalations from the R&D organization
- Provide daily interface with service suppliers
- Supports clients as a dedicated customer advocate and single point of accountability for shipping/ transportation services
- Coordinate with Global Trade Office group to ensure accurate clearance and delivery of critical RD samples
- Owner of transportation PO’s and carrier contracts
- Primary transportation coordinator for critical shipments
- Primary transportation invoice reviewer
- Supports clients as a dedicated customer advocate and single point of accountability for procurement
- Act as Ariba/SAP and MyBuy subject matter expert for site
- Invoice and reconciliation support
- Supplier onboarding support
- Lead the Business Resiliency Program implementation and execution by forming the appropriate supporting location network, and ensure and demonstrate a state of readiness at location
- Lead the site emergency and business continuity programs
- Coordinate programs with the regional GFO emergency lead including drills, updating documents, and updating site infrastructure
- Support facilities projects at the ABC site providing key operational support for needed business changes
- Provide back up support for facilities lead at the Amgen British Columbia site
- Oversees the site Lab Consumable and Support Services (LCSS) program in conjunction with LCSS service provider.
- Identifies opportunities and synergies across for the site and the GFO portfolio related to the LCSS program.
- Supports clients as a dedicated customer advocate and single point of accountability for procurement and transportation services. Frequently interacts with clients’ senior management and/or functional peer group managers.
- Meets regularly with Research Operations lead and translates client needs and initiatives into GFO objectives, programs, and projects.
- Demonstrates dedication to Safety and Compliance and holds Integrated Service Providers (ISP) accountable for Safety and Compliance
- All work to be completed to assure minimal impact to production and compliance with all cGMP guidelines and Amgen procedures.
- Partners with Compliance and Quality Assurance to ensure the facilities portfolio and operational practices are in alliance with the corporate compliance commitments.
- Ensures Integrated Service Providers (ISP) deliver on scope of work and monitors service level agreements to ensure compliance. Provides consistent approach and escalation path for managing Integrated Service Providers.
- Assists in developing benchmarking for facilities operational parameters, supervising employee happiness with work environment, space-utilization, and risk management issues.
- Assists in developing, monitoring, and justifying the departments’ budgets.
Bachelor’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience OR
Associate degree & 6 years of directly related experience OR
High school diploma / GED & 8 years of directly related experience
- Experience in vendor management and handling outsourced service providers
- Experience transportation logistics, shipping and receiving operations
- TDG/DOT/IATA certification
- Experience with Ariba SAP, MyBuy or other procurement and invoicing systems
- Experience with Emergency Response and Business Continuity Programs
- Exposure to lab systems and knowledge of requirements as they relate to the lab environment
- Ability to build working relationships and effectively partner cross-functionally, cross-regionally and at all levels in the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation, interpersonal and planning skills
- Ability to represent organization to all management levels
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to take on several projects at one time
- Ability to lead diverse teams
- Strong leadership, communications and teamwork skills
- Provides leadership and direction to staff based on organizational objectives and corporate policies and procedures
- Strong communication, group presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively influence across multiple levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple sophisticated tasks
- Work is performed without appreciable direction
- Completed work is reviewed from a long-term perspective for desired results
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity in direction and in rapid changes in corporate strategy
- Basic knowledge of operational excellence elements
Apply at – CAREERS.AMGEN.COM
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.