Do you aspire to make meaningful contributions in the field of Healthcare & Life Sciences and become involved in the development of new medical technologies in the field of artificial intelligence and machine learning applications designed to detect and diagnose early GI cancers, and other chronic GI diseases? Are you interested in expressing your entrepreneurial spirit by joining a company that is a trusted partner to many life sciences companies, OEMs, pharmaceutical companies and world leading hospitals? Are you interested in working with top GI experts, academics, visionaries and global clinical leaders specializing in the field of Gastroenterology? If you have answered yes to any of the above, then we would like to hear from you as we have an opening for a Senior Director, Business Development.
The successful candidate will have a strong Health & Life Sciences background and will play a key role in driving the company’s business growth and execution on our product road map going forward. You will help with contract negotiations and other business development initiatives by nurturing and growing our portfolio of med tech contracts, data licensing agreements, royalty agreements, biotech initiatives, joint venture partnerships, and co-development agreements either in place or targeted for our medical AI partners. Drawing on your creativity, results-orientation, and passion for success, you will help drive the Company’s revenue growth and execute on our business development initiatives in Canada, the US and abroad.
WHO WE ARE
Satisfai Health Inc. is a leading medical technology company that is actively involved in the development, build out, and licensing of state-of-the art precision endoscopy solutions & novel AI tools for the global GI marketplace. We have existing contracts with global medical device manufacturers to improve colon cancer screening and diagnosis and we are currently in deep discussions with big pharma companies for the development and advancement of quality assessment tools in the field of IBD in order to better manage patient enrolment, improve clinical trial processes and develop better scoring metrics for assessing disease severity in ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease. We are also in the early stages of developing AI solutions to support and assist doctors and surgeons in the rapidly evolving field of endoscopic surgery. Our success is a result of our integrity, quality, problem-solving capabilities and delivery of superior technological solutions and service to our customers. Driven by excellence, we enthusiastically develop, build and acquire new technologies and are continuously looking for ways to improve patient healthcare in the field of Gastroenterology and GI Endoscopy.
Our corporate culture is rooted in positivity, innovation and collaboration, and we want your energy to propel us forward. We are a growing business providing AI solutions to longstanding clients in partnership, with a strong client-centric approach built on no-nonsense transparency, flexibility and reliability. We are proud to play an integral role in the development new AI solutions and machine learning capabilities to better detect and diagnose early GI cancers and other GI diseases, thereby improving patient healthcare and helping to save and improve lives in Canada, the US and abroad.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a person with an undeniable track record of successes in business development.
- You have direct experience negotiating licensing deals, royalty agreements, joint venture agreements, partnership deals and co-development agreements with medical device companies, big Pharma and other major Health & Life Sciences partners
- Experience negotiating with the tech transfer offices & legal departments at Universities and large academic institutions is also a bonus
- You are highly skilled in financial modeling, spreadsheets, ROI analysis & royalty models
- You have a proven track record in building and maintaining productive relationships with large, complex organizations in the biopharma, life sciences and/or technology markets
- You are able to design and deliver powerful solution-driven capabilities and value propositions to large medical device manufacturers, big pharmaceutical companies, and large contract research organizations (CROs), getting buy-in at each level
- Regulatory experience with the FDA is a plus
- Your enthusiasm and ability to energize others who work with you is infectious. You love working with a team of professionals, yet you don’t need to rely on them to succeed as you are self-motivated
- You are curious by nature and want to keep learning and overcoming new challenges
- You lead by example and understand what it means to be accountable for outcomes
- You are also a master of the art of communication and negotiations which enables you to problem-solve in time sensitive situations
- You are available and flexible to travel, as required
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Science or Business Administration, with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in operations or business development in the med tech industry, pharmaceutical industry, bio tech or related fields
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- To be in charge of your own success! We offer a competitive annualized base salary plus an annual discretionary bonus based on personal and corporate outcomes
- Contract or Consulting position with opportunity of full-time placement with the Company
- Flexible working hours and remote work conditions as required due to COVID
- A fast-paced environment that keeps you up to date with new industry developments
- A comprehensive employee benefit program
- Continuous opportunities for personal and professional development
- A longstanding policy of inclusion and diversity at all levels of the company
- Base salary equivalent range: $125,000 – $150,000 per annum, based on experience.
- 6 month probationary period
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Administration
- Contract with opportunity of full-time position
- Based in Vancouver, BC
- May require some travel (work from home during COVID)
Satisfai Health is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status
How To Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.