Senior Director Medical Affairs
Senior Director Medical Affairs
Eupraxia Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a publicly owned novel pharmaceutical company based in Victoria, British Columbia. We are drug delivery company that focusses on delivering the right therapeutics to the right area in the right dose to improve patient lives. Our lead product candidate is an extended-release steroid intended to provide long term pain relief for patients suffering with knee osteoarthritis and we are actively expanding our portfolio of products.
We are looking for people that like to be part of a fast-paced, growing company that fosters creative spirit and integrated teamwork and are eligible to work within Canada.
The Director, Medical Affairs will be responsible for defining and implementing KOL strategies to develop and maintain positive KOL endorsement and product champions for Eupraxia in OA diseases. The role will also be responsible for leading Eupraxia medical education initiatives and conference activities.
- The role will develop and execute KOL strategies required to prepare the market for Eupraxia EP-104IAR (pre-approval) and to position the product and the company as a leader in OA arena.
- Pre-approval, a primary goal for this role will be to identify, engage and develop key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the OA therapeutic area across the US and EU and as requested in the broader Americas [Canada, Mexico], and in all subsequent target indications.
- Post approval the focus will be to further develop these relationships.
- Working with operations management, the Medical Affairs and Clinical/Regulatory teams, the position will
- Define the US KOL strategy including activities involving KOLs at international congresses, Advisory Boards and National/Regional meetings.
- Develop KOLs and communicate the evidence base supporting EU-104IAR and subsequent programs.
- Once the strategy has been developed, the Head, Medical Affairs will be responsible for the implementation of these tactics, working in cooperation with the Clinical Team.
- This role will support the development and maintenance of positive relationships and interaction with key advocacy groups, as part of the pre-approval market development required for a successful launch.
- The Head Medical Affairs will be a pivotal interface between the product management team, the Medical Affairs team, and Clinical colleagues to ensure a coordinated approach to interacting with KOL’s, advocacy groups and other 3rd party groups.
- In conjunction with the responsibilities above, they will assist in the development of a KOL contact management database for all Eupraxia employees (medical /regulatory/commercial). The job holder will coordinate as necessary to maintain and keep the system current.
- Build out and lead the Medical Affairs function to support commercial launches of Eupraxia’s new products into the marketplace. Partner with Commercial to ensure timely, accurate, and compliant preparation and review of promotional and educational material.
- Establish and execute a strategic publication and congress plan; work with internal colleagues to develop key messages on unmet need, mechanism of action, target product profile, and among others.
- Partner with Clinical Operations and Clinical Development to facilitate enrollment of company sponsored clinical trials.
- Work collaboratively with all appropriate cross-functional colleagues (e.g. clinical, regulatory, legal and market access)
- Foster an environment of compliance and integrity by managing and adhering to all company policies and Legal and Regulatory guidelines. As necessary, the Head Medical Affairs will contribute to the development of Medical Affairs/Commercial budgets
- Be responsible for managing to the approved budgets
- Other ad hoc duties and assignments as requested for the overall performance of the function and the company.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated expertise in Medical Affairs with KOL’s and advocacy organisations. This is likely to be at least 5 years of experience gathered in either/and Pharmaceutical Industry / agencies.
- A track record of identifying and developing Key Opinion Leaders (preferably within/for the US).
- Evidence of direct experience of developing and interacting with patient advocacy groups.
- The individual will have a medical degree or advanced degree in the health sciences.
- Commercial launch experience would be an advantage
- Understanding of OIG, PhRMA, & ACCME guidelines.
- Has experience of using and developing contact management databases.
- Experience in the therapeutic area of osteoarthritis/musculoskeletal disorders, gastrointestinal disease or oncology diseases would be an advantage.
- The position requires significant travel (may be approximately 20 - 25% but as needed to fulfill the positions’ responsibilities).
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Exercise excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills and possess a high level of organizational ability.
- Attention to detail due to various factors affecting contract entitlements.
- Possess troubleshooting, problem solving, and creative/innovative thought processing skills.
- Understand office formats and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to document and implement processes and procedures.
- Self motivated and self-directed
This is an opportunity to work in a small, entrepreneurial, and highly motivating environment, with a strong emphasis on work/life balance and a supportive company culture. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and career development opportunities.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com .
While only short-listed candidates will be notified, we thank each applicant for their submission.