Fusion Genomics Corp.
Fusion Genomics is seeking a senior laboratory technician to join its interdisciplinary team of laboratory
chemists, next-generation sequencing specialists and data scientists.
The successful candidate must have demonstratable experience in multiple library construction assays
such as RNAseq, FFPE RNAseq, and low sample input RNAseq. Experience with DNAseq, FFPE DNAseq, nextera, single cell sequencing, bisulfite sequencing, Hi-C, or other library construction techniques will be considered an asset.
Candidate with prior experiences in developing and validating a clinical NGS assay, medium and high
throughput liquid handling robots & automation and working in a diagnostic clinical microbiology or
molecular lab, will be given preference.
• Perform large scale high throughput sequencing experiments using liquid handling robotics
• Perform target capture enrichment experiments
• Desire to learn and work with robotic systems
• Required to present data & results (as part of a meaningful presentation)
• The successful candidate should possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills,
should be very reliable, dedicated and easy to work with.
• BSc or MSc in biological sciences or a related discipline as relevant to a DNA sequencing
• A proven record in NGS technologies in the last 2-5 years.
This position comes with a competitive package. Fusion Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. To
apply, send a resume and short cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Fusion Genomics, based in Burnaby BC, aims to take “undiagnosed infection” out of medical vocabulary
through advanced genomic technologies. Fusion is applying novel DNA/RNA capture and informatics
technologies to overcome the limitations of current infectious-disease diagnostic tests, with the aim of
preventing unnecessary deaths from infectious disease and halting the growing problem of drug