Genevant Sciences Corp.
Genevant is a technology-focused nucleic acid delivery company with world-class platforms, the industry’s most robust and expansive lipid nanoparticle (LNP) patent estate, and decades of experience and expertise in nucleic acid drug delivery and development. We leverage our world-class delivery systems to bring new medicines to patients who need them, in collaboration with leading pharma companies. Our laboratories and offices are based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
Genevant has an opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Alliance and Project Management to join our team. The Sr. Manager, Alliance and Project Management will manage key relationships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and related companies with which Genevant collaborates to enable productive working relationships that facilitate achievement of the goals of the collaborations and our corporate goals. This role will also support the Business Development and Research and Development teams in planning, executing and monitoring partnered programs. This position will report to the Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Program Management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as central contact point for internal coordination and primary liaison between Genevant and its alliance partners, with the mission of ensuring the relationship remains productive and goals are achieved
- Work closely with applicable R&D functional personnel to prepare for/lead collaborator interactions and steer toward successful outcomes (e.g., direction/input for joint steering committee meetings, project-based analyses & recommendations, behind-the-scenes/off cycle communication to understand and coordinate, agenda development, potential minute taking)
- Become and remain familiar with alliance agreements and partnered program details and pressure points at a level sufficient to be able to provide proactive and useful input on strategy and approach to issues that may arise and lead resolution process
- Create and executes project plans for partnered programs in collaboration with the applicable R&D functional groups and agreement terms
- Liaise with Legal, Finance, Business Development, and R&D functional personnel to ensure that key contract terms, including roles & responsibilities, milestones, financial transactions, progress reports, etc. are executed and tracked appropriately
- Implement mitigation strategies to minimize “crisis” situations
- Perform periodic alliance “health checks” to ensure effectiveness
- Prioritize understanding the benefits and risks of the alliance from our collaborator’s perspective and ensure its needs are part of the internal dialogue
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree + 5 years of progressive project leadership experience in biotech / pharma, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years direct experience in alliance or partner management
- Advanced degree, MS or MBA, preferred
- Drug development knowledge with some understanding of applicable functions, which may include: Discovery Research, Technology Development, Manufacturing/Supply Chain, and Regulatory Affairs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: mature with a proven ability to lead, work well with others throughout a diverse organization, and resolve conflict
- Ability to work independently and with agility to manage deadlines and prioritize effectively, while maintaining flexibility
- Ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key issues, internal and external, working with and coordinate demands from multiple stakeholders with disparate priorities
- Combine attention to detail with big picture perspective, operationalizing via excellence in project management
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Power Point, Excel & Word
About your Application:
We value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Please use the following link to apply: https://genevant.applytojob.com/apply/Valo6XNab5/Sr-Manager-Alliance-And-Project-Management