Reports To: CFO
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Benefits: Paid time-off, Options, RRSP, Group Insurance (Dental, Life and Medical)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Full Time, Permanent
The Senior Manager/Associate Director, Contracts and Legal Affairs oversees all contractual and legal obligations for Notch Therapeutics. Oversees the negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish business relationships with vendors, customers and/or partners. Reviews and approves documents for protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
About Notch (www.notchtx.com)
Notch Therapeutics is a cell therapy company that has unlocked the ability to produce T cells and other cells from any source of stem cells. At the core of the Notch technology is the Engineered Thymic Niche (ETN) platform, which enables precision control of cell fate during the differentiation and expansion of stem cells. The ETN is the first technology that can reliably generate T-cells from iPSC-derived progenitor cells using fully defined, non-xenogenic reagents at industrial scale. By leveraging the ETN platform, Notch is positioned to design and deliver the next generation of T cell therapeutics that are specifically engineered to address the underlying biology of complex disease systems. The technology was invented in the laboratories of Juan-Carlos Zúñiga-Pflücker, Ph.D. at Sunnybrook Research Institute and Peter Zandstra, Ph.D., FRSC at the University of Toronto. Notch was founded by these two institutions, in conjunction with MaRS Innovation (now Toronto Innovation Acceleration Partners) and the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM) in Toronto.
- Provides oversight and develops/reinforces review and approval processes for all contractual arrangements, including drafting, negotiation and review of CDA’s, MSAs and Statements of Work.
- Key role in educating current and new staff on processes, work flows, and overall risk management as appropriate for evolving stage of the company.
- Manages all contracts, including MSA’s, MTA’s, and CRA’s
- Manages any due diligence processes for Notch
- Oversees license obligations
- Manages insurance contracts and program
- Oversees review and approval of collaboration requests
- Facilitates the development of template contracts and negotiation of contracts on behalf of Notch, ensuring contract terms and language meet strategic requirements.
- Oversees the implementation and administration of Notch contracts database, including tracking, and archiving as appropriate
- Working with Finance team, oversees Stock Option platform and Agreements
- Supports CFO, and coordinates with outside Counsel, with Corporate Secretary responsibilities
- Other related duties as required
Other responsibilities as required
Role Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (preferably science), with a minimum of 5 years related contract/commercial law experience
- Previous biopharmaceutical/life sciences experience highly preferred
- Experienced with the negotiating, drafting and finalizing legal agreements on a timely basis
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with individuals from different functions and levels across the organization
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Effective communication skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment is essential.
Desired Characteristics and Demonstrated Skills
- Collaborative, Motivated, Ingenious
To apply for this position please use the following link: Notch Therapeutics – Notch Therapeutics (notchtx.com)