Boreal Genomics is a dynamic biotech startup company that has developed a revolutionary new approach for NGS target enrichment that enables rapid and efficient analysis of DNA for applications including oncology, gene editing and single cell genomics. Boreal is now building towards commercial launch of its technology, including working with early access customers and partners.
As part of its startup team, Boreal is seeking a highly-motivated, team-oriented scientist to play a leading role in NGS assay development and productization. The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including assay development, optimization and debugging for new applications, validation and troubleshooting of the assay for early access partners, and implementing manufacturing and productization of the assay. The ideal candidate will know what it takes to release a successful NGS product, and will contribute significantly to the success of the company. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a motivated team that is nearing release of its flagship technology.
Job activities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the broader Boreal team in executing Boreal’s strategy for assay development and release
- Developing and executing experimental plans to optimize Boreal’s technology for specific applications
- Validating and troubleshooting the assay with 3rd party collaborators and early access customers
- Highly detailed tracking of reagents and other lab resources to ensure assay success internally and with customers
- Preparing Boreal’s assay for commercialization, including developing protocols for reagent QC and handling
- Maintaining accurate and complete laboratory records, including formal written and oral research progress reporting
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or PhD in molecular biology or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in NGS assay development, including the ability to analyze, interpret and troubleshoot experimental NGS data with minimal supervision, but would consider exceptional junior candidates without such experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent scientific documentation skills and strong attention to detail
- A desire to work in a fast paced, team development environment
About our Company
Boreal Genomics (www.borealgenomics.com) are a team of specialists in molecular biology, engineering and physics with a passion to develop technology that advances next-generation sequencing to help cancer researchers and clinicians transform patient care through earlier detection and monitoring of cancer. Boreal is committed to creating faster, more efficient, and practical assays for routine clinical use.
Send softcopy resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include reference number RES040.