Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is looking for a Senior Scientist, Biomarkers to join our Translational Sciences team.
This position will report to the Director, Translational Informatics/Biomarkers, and will be based in Vancouver, BC or Seattle, WA.
- As a member of Translational Sciences (TS), work with the other functional areas within TS as well as with Research, and Clinical Development to identify candidate pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers for lead development programs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in research and design of biomarker assays.
- Lead the development and fit-for-purpose validation of biomarker assays within Zymeworks and at Clinical Research Organizations (CROs), supporting all therapeutic areas.
- Identify and evaluate new biomarkers technologies.
- Generate, analyze, and interpret complex preclinical and clinical data and communicate findings to project teams and senior leaders.
- Lead biomarker-related effort on accurate preparation of scientific material for conference presentations and publications, as well as any internal or external scientific communication related to clinical studies or mechanism of action of the study drug.
- Support authoring and review of protocols, clinical study reports and Investigator Brochures.
- Coordinate and oversee clinical trial biomarker data analyses and align with key stakeholders.
- Integrate and present published data with nonclinical and clinical data to support the mechanism of action of drug candidates.
- Support the Clinical development team by assisting with electronic Case Report Form development, reviewing informed consent forms, advising on minimal blood volumes and appropriate containers (tubes, preservatives), advising on sample processing needed at sites (balanced with site-specific feasibility), providing critical input to trials’ lab operations manuals, and assisting with data transfer agreements with CROs.
Qualifications and Experience
- D. in Immunology, Oncology, Cell Biology, or related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience with Biomarkers in the fields of Oncology and/or Immune-oncology.
- Strong background in tumor biology and cancer genomics.
- Knowledge of biomarker discovery and development, assay development/validation, clinical discovery/application of biomarkers, and translational research.
- Experience with key biomarker platforms, including NGS platforms and analysis, Nanostring™ technology, flow cytometry, and Immunohistochemistry.
- Experience working with key stakeholders in Clinical development working with cross-functional teams conducting clinical trials.
- Experience in working with bioinformatics scientists on the analysis and interpretation of biomarker assay outputs (e.g. – single-cell or bulk RNA-seq, DNA-seq, Chip-seq, microarray or other genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic and/or other) is desirable.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Embody and champion Zymeworks’ values: Act with Integrity. Collaborate. Care.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
Skills and Abilities
- Be able to work independently with a record of strong leadership skills.
- Broad understanding of drug discovery and development in both early and late-stage development and familiarity with regulatory approval process.
- Demonstrated strong record of scientific achievement (publications, patents, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Embrace Diversity. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ounVefwK&s=BC_Life_Sciences
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.