Senior Scientist / Study Director
BRI, A Frontage Laboratories Company, is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with head office located in Exton, Pennsylvania, USA.
BRI is recruiting a Study Director level senior scientist to lead a team of experienced vivarium staff operating within a 3000 sf rodent vivarium in the design and conduct of the following oncology, pharmacology and immunology studies:
- Cell line-derived or patient-derived tumor xenograft efficacy, pharmacology, and immunology studies
- In vitro and in vivo pharmacological assays supporting preclinical development of oncology cytotoxic small molecules, nucleic acids and monoclonal antibodies
In a separate facility led by BRI’s bioanalytical LC/MS/MS and ELISA team, BRI offers in vitro and in vivo drug metabolism / pharmacokinetics studies supporting preclinical and clinical development in a range of therapeutic areas for submissions in Canada, USA, Europe and Japan.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is a team player, and who enjoys a leadership role within a team of technically competent virvarium staff.
Position: Senior Scientist / Study Director
- Sc. or Ph.D. in pharmacology or a related discipline
- 7+ years hands-on experience with pharmacology, immunology or oncology
- 5+ years supervisory experience within a research environment
- Hands on experience in the conduct of animal models and in vitro / ex vivo assays
- Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organization abilities
- Competent, self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Serve as a Study Director, functionally responsible for the overall conduct of a study including design, delivery and reporting to clients and BRI management
- Formulate and communicate project timelines, status, and data to clients
- Provide resourceful input towards troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Practice an attitude of continuous learning within a research environment to implement and expand assays and animal models capabilities
- Manage the conduct, delivery quality and timeline of multiple projects
- Train and mentor junior scientists within the vivarium and oncology team
- Collaborate with the vivarium manager to ensure compliance of regulatory, health and safety operating standards of the vivarium
Please apply to:
BRI Biopharmaceutical Research Inc.
#101-8898 Heather Street
Vancouver, BC V6P 3S8