Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQXENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy.
Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company. If you want to learn more about job opportunities at Xenon, please visit www.xenon-pharma.com. This position will be in the Burnaby, BC location.
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement & Logistics, the Shipper/Receiver performs a variety of shipping and receiving responsibilities. The main duties include receiving and shipping of various types of materials; however, involved in other supporting activities, too. The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for the administrative and physical tasks involved in receiving and distributing materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- In accordance with internal policies and procedures, ensure the receiving and shipment of various types of goods and materials are conducted in a timely and effective manner. Prioritize all activities to meet deadlines with regards to processing outgoing shipments and receiving/delivering goods.
- Upon receiving a shipment of goods, ensure all shipments are received undamaged, enter Purchase Order goods information into Microsoft Dynamics GP and various other databases/spreadsheets. Track order shipments and keep requestors up to date on the arrival of the shipment. Maintain packing slip (receipts) and dangerous goods records.
- Distribute items accordingly, and if applicable, print barcodes for incoming chemicals; deliver critical cold packages in a timely and efficient manner.
- For outgoing shipment of goods, prepare items with cost effective courier services as well as adhering to any applicable CBSA/IATA/TDG/transportation rules and regulations.
- Track and distribute building access cards for visitors, contractors and employees.
- Ensure shipping supplies are maintained.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Xenon’s health and safety policies.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any.
- Previous experience as a Shipper/Receiver is desirable but not required.
- Must be comfortable handling incoming chemical deliveries and outgoing chemical shipments. Previous training in chemical and/or biological safety procedures.
- Knowledge of shipping, customs requirements, and harmonized tariff system (HSHTS) codes is preferred.
- Experience and exposure to Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG) is preferred.
- General data entry experience; previous experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Dynamics GP is ideal.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with Xenon employees, vendors, and customs brokers.
- Ability to lift up to 25kg.
To apply for this position, visit our job posting here and click Apply Now and complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.