Technical Sales Coordinator (Maternity Leave Cover 1 year contract)
StressMarq Biosciences Inc. in Victoria, BC, seeks a talented and enthusiastic person to take on the role of Technical Sales Coordinator commencing June 2021 for a period of one year. Candidates with a scientific background and an interest in sales and marketing are encouraged to apply. The position involves the following responsibilities:
- Become proficient and technically knowledgeable about the full range of products that StressMarq sells, with a focus on neurodegeneration products.
- Be the primary channel of sales-related activity to and from end-users for the company, including but not limited to following: being up to date on sales leads from all sources, replying to end-user inquiries, coordinating responses with aid of others based on the requirements of the customer including aspects of business development as well as closing any potential sales.
- Work in co-ordination with all aspects of the marketing team to provide a united sales and marketing approach.
- Respond to technical support questions regarding our product base.
- Identify, contact and follow up with researchers worldwide working in the neurodegeneration field, and to a lesser degree with those active in the cellular stress field.
- Undergo technical training on the scientific aspects of all fibrilized and oligomeric protein (such as alpha synuclein, Tau and Abeta) products the company has to offer and be able to provide technical training on them both internally and externally.
- Maintain our database of information regarding organizations and key researchers in the Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Lewy Body Dementia research fields as well as other relevant disease areas. Contact key researchers to identify potential collaborators, purchasers or commercial users of StressMarq novel alpha synuclein, tau and other related reagents. Maintain records of all customer interactions.
- Become proficient in the use of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (ZOHO).
- Work with other members of the team to transfer contact information of interested parties to them, ensuring that the international distribution network can contact and follow up with these potential users and collaborators.
- Work in collaboration with all other StressMarq employees to achieve positive and incremental sales revenue.
- Be available and prepared and travel to trade shows or meetings internationally as required and follow-up with leads afterward. Be able to present product range in discussions with customers.
- Responsible for generating, with aid, presentational data and/or information for (potential) clients or forums (such as poster or verbal presentations).
- Be available to present data at scientific and sales-related events to further the sales platform for the company.
- Other relevant duties may be added including assistance work for Ariel Louwrier, President