Korea Virtual Trade Mission – Asia Procurement Opportunities
Upcoming Events in Asia for BC Life Sciences SMEs
- KOREA: Virtual Trade Mission to Seoul
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Follow-up to international procurement opportunity from the World Bank/Asian Development Bank
KOREA: Virtual Trade Mission to Seoul
The Embassy of Canada to Korea is organizing a virtual trade mission to Seoul, South Korea on September 23-25, 2020 in conjunction with this year’s BIOPLUS-INTERPHEX KOREA.
The TCS will host a Canada Pavilion and organize virtual B2B meetings between Canadian participants and Korean industry stakeholders during the event to promote Canadian technologies and facilitate discussions for potential partnership opportunities. By joining the mission, Canadian companies will receive support from the TCS on connecting with industry representatives in the Life Sciences sector in South Korea and will also have the possibility to make virtual pitches to introduce their technologies to a Korean audience.
Canadian companies wishing to take part in this virtual mission should complete and send the attached application form to Paul.Choi@international.gc.ca no later than Friday, July 31, 2020. This form will allow the TCS to understand your business model and areas of interest in order to provide customized services to your company. After a selection process, selected companies will receive a confirmation email.
In order to provide market insights to Canadian companies, the TCS will also organize a webinar on the Korean Healthcare market and provide additional information about BIOPLUS-INTERPHEX KOREA 2020 on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 16:30 PDT/19:30 EDT. Interested companies should contact Paul.Choi@international.gc.ca to register.
Please kindly note that the BIOPLUS-INTERPHEX KOREA 2020 program may change without notice.
For any inquiries, please contact Paul Choi, Trade Commissioner for Life Sciences at the Embassy of Canada to Korea (Paul.Choi@international.gc.ca).
OVERVIEW OF THE EVENT
DATE: September 23 (Wed) – 25 (Fri), 2020
VENUE: COEX, Seoul, South Korea
BIOPLUS-INTERPHEX KOREA 2020 is one of the largest conventions in the Life Sciences industry in South Korea. This year, BIOPLUS and INTERPHEX KOREA have decided to collaborate to host a more comprehensive event covering the entire spectrum of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. The event will take place over 3 days, include exhibition halls/conferences, and features the latest industry trends and developments. The event is offline, however, virtual matchmaking will be available to accommodate companies unable to attend due to the COVID-19 pandemic. BIOPLUS-INTERPHEX KOREA 2020 will be a great opportunity for Canadian companies to virtually meet with various leading Korean companies and research institutions to promote and showcase their technology, and also to discuss potential partnership opportunities. For more information on the event, please visit https://www.bioplusinterphex.co.kr/en-us.html
Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
Fast on the heels of the opportunity with the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank, I’d like to flag another international procurement opportunity with an International Financial Institution (IFI). This time, the IFI is the Inter American Development Bank (IADB).
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), through ConnectAmericas, has launched an interactive map whose objective is to centralize the supply of goods and services globally that are relevant to serve the COVID-19 emergency in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Companies that offer goods or services that could contribute to mitigate the emergency in the region are invited to register by providing their data and the nature of products or solutions they offer using this form. With this platform, the Inter-American Development Bank does not endorse the presence of any specific firm in the region’s market. This tool is aimed to promote the accessibility and transparency of the information in an environment of free exchange between suppliers and consumers.
World Bank/Asian Development Bank
As a follow-up to international procurement opportunity from the World Bank/Asian Development Bank webinar “COVID-19 Response with the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank”. that took place on June 25th, please see the following resources below and attached.
- Visit Drop Box to access slide presentations in both English and French: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ju2ooi88u8u59ke/AAAc-hgJeZ9eyPljnScyF8iWa?dl=0
- Visit WebEx for the full webinar recording: https://gts-ee.webex.com/gts-ee/lsr.php?RCID=a5f1297e848f4399bdb3513de10a1084
Additional information referenced by WB/Howard Centenary:
- WB’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage: https://www.worldbank.org/en/who-we-are/news/coronavirus-covid19
- “Steps in Identifying Contract Opportunities” (see attached)
- Procurement Guidance document “Finding business opportunities and winning contracts financed by the World Bank”
Additional information referenced by ADB/Bart Édes:
- ADB’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage: https://www.adb.org/what-we-do/covid19-coronavirus
- ADB form for COVID-19 suppliers: Microsoft Form
- Article: “How to improve your chances of winning a contract at ADB”: https://www.adb.org/news/features/winning-adb-consultancy-contracts
- ADB Business Center: https://www.adb.org/business/main
Resources for firms to find IFI project information and business opportunities:
- WB Projects
- COVID-19 specific: https://projects.worldbank.org/en/projects-operations/projects-list?searchTerm=covid-19
- All WB projects: https://projects.worldbank.org/
- ADB Projects
- United Nations Development Business* (UNDB Online): https://devbusiness.un.org/
- Development Aid* : https://www.developmentaid.org
- Devex* : https://www.devex.com/ *requires a subscription