2022–2025 Québec Life Sciences Strategy
- Using our ingenuity to promote health
The life sciences industry in Québec
- Nearly 715 companies employing over 36,930 people and supporting almost as many jobs in public research centres and various related service companies.
- Nearly 30,000 students enrolled in life sciences programs in colleges and universities, producing 7,600 graduates per year.
- Shipments totalling $5.7 billion in 2020, which make up 3.7% of all manufacturing shipments.
A strategy to…
- Stimulate private investment in the entire life sciences value chain
- Develop new industrial sectors in future niches
- Increase the presence of Québec companies in the local and international supply chains
Major financial support for the life sciences industry
- A financial framework of $211 million, including new contributions of $110 million
- $569 million in funding to support an estimated $2 billion in direct investment
Ten measures grouped into five strategic priorities
1. Generate synergies to address major health challenges
- Leverage expertise to accelerate innovation
- Innovate through the use of health information
2. Develop human capital and attract talent
- Attract new life sciences talent
- Develop a workforce specifically trained to meet industry needs
3. Support the creation and growth of innovative businesses
- Strengthen the infrastructure and support available
- Ensure the continuity of the funding chain
4. Attract and execute investment projects
- Strengthen Québec’s industrial capacity
- Promote the strength and success of the Québec ecosystem internationally
5. Spur the commercialization of innovations
- Support the commercialization of innovations in the Québec market
- Help Québec companies in their export and internationalization projects
Original source here.