Chinook Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing precision medicines for patients with kidney diseases. We apply our proprietary research platform to discover and develop therapeutics with novel mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways. The development focus is on rare, serious disorders with clear unmet medical needs and defined and rapid clinical development opportunities. Our lead program, atrasentan, is a late-stage clinical program for the treatment of primary glomerular kidney diseases planned to move into a phase 3 trial for IgA nephropathy by early 2021. We are also advancing CHK-336 towards a planned IND in the first half of 2021 for an ultra-orphan kidney disease. In addition, our pipeline has several other internal programs at the validation and lead optimization stages, and we are also evaluating business development opportunities for early and late-stage clinical assets to enhance the pipeline.
Chinook raised a $65 million Series A financing in 2019 from leading healthcare investors Versant Venture, Apple Tree Partners and Samsara Biocapital, and recently announced a proposed merger with Aduro Biotech, Inc., which we expect to close in the second half of 2020. Chinook will be the surviving company following the merger and will trade on Nasdaq. Chinook currently has approximately 45 employees and is based in Seattle, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia.
As a core member of Chinook’s cross-functional Global Product Teams, the Director of New Product Planning will lead the development of strong commercialization strategies and communication to guide successful market entry and long-term product performance for all pipeline products, starting with atrasentan which is currently initiating Phase 3 development for the treatment of IgA Nephropathy. This position offers a candidate the opportunity to significantly contribute to the long-term commercial success of the Chinook’s portfolio, and is responsible for providing commercial assessments of key early stage product planning opportunities, market research activities, competitive assessments and preferred product positioning. This role can be based in either Chinook’s Seattle or Vancouver location.
- Develop the commercial strategies for all early and late-stage development programs across Chinook’s portfolio
- Provide commercial leadership on Global Product Teams
- Drive market research activities to develop market insights and obtain a clear understanding of market size and market dynamics including market environment, patient segmentation, competitors’ strategy and customer needs needed to support development and commercialization decisions
- Lead the development of target product profiles with internal cross-functional teams to determine product positioning
- Conduct all strategic marketing activities during product development including product profile development, product positioning, publication planning, conference planning, KOL engagement
- Lead the development of commercial forecasts for internal pipeline programs
- Monitor overall market dynamics and competitive intelligence in target indications
- Understand and communicate requirements for registration, reimbursement, and differentiation required for the successful commercialization of new products globally
- Work closely with Leadership and Finance to ensure appropriate resources and organizational alignment are available to capitalize on short-term and long-term business opportunities
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Previous Brand Planning on a global scale within the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Basic understanding of key market research principles
- Experience with and / or understanding of the relationship between clinical trial design, label development, and promotional messaging
- Previous experience in a commercial assessment role that required comprehensive understanding of therapeutic markets from multiple customer perspectives (e.g., HCP, Payers, Patients) and/or different business perspectives (e.g., clinical, R&D, marketing)
- Understanding of market forecasts and commercial models
- Experience in nephrology or rare disease preferred (but not required)
To Apply: please us the following link: https://chinooktx.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=44
Chinook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, place of origin, religion, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state, provincial or local protected ground.